Design Questions for 12" Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 in 1.79 Cubic Ft

Decifer

I need a design for a enclosure with 1.79 cu. ft. internal. I was hoping for some suggestions on the position of the sub and port as well. The amp I will be running is a Rockford Fosgate Punch 360a2 (Rockford Fosgate Punch 360a2 90 x 2 Car Amplifier at Crutchfield.com)

Im pretty sure I am going to go with the Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 (Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12 Punch P2 12" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com) but wanted opinions on Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12(Rockford Fosgate P3D2-12 Punch P3 12" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com) What sub would best be suited with the amp?

Either way both subs have the same ported enclosure specs. Ill be wiring the sub in series for a 4Ω mono load.

Vehicle : Dodge Magnum

Location in the vehicle: Back hatch area

Space available (Length x Width x Height): Any x 38.5"max x 15"max

Subwoofer make and model: Rockford Fosgate P2D2-12

Subwoofer Size: 12"

Number of Subwoofers: 1

Type of Port: Slot

What type of music do you like?: Everything but country, Mostly Metal

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday music

Tuning Freq (Hz): thinking somewhere between 32-34

Volume : 1.79 cu. ft.

Get more solid bass drum punch, especially double bass, from a sealed.
ported's always given me better sound with metal particularly because it is much louder and depending on the box design it can sound just as good as sealed. Sealed is soo quiet I cant stand it. Whats the use of listening to metal if its not blowing your brains out?

a design from Moe lester

175cubes32hz26sqin2rg.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.