Pioneer 12" 1400w dvc best sub box?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi guys

I have the sub mentioned above in my Toyota Tazz, very happy with it but I have an feeling that it can sound much better in another box. I currently have an cheap small ported box I bought second hand..

Now this raises the question, bandpass or ported box? Obviouslly the box must be bigger than the one I have now, but which one would be best? I have seen in the manual the sizes they recommend for the sub, and which ever one I decide on I would build it on that sizes...

Here is the specs of my system:

Pioneer head unit with usb (50w x 4)

Pioneer 4 inch 140w mids running from head unit

Starsound 2600w 4ch

Pioneer 400w 6x9's running from amp

Pioneer 1400w dvc running from amp

Stinger 4 gauge wiring kit

And awaiting some Pioneer tweeters, spliters and mids..

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1400w pioneer! lol must be the champ series? champ series is probably their best sub ive came across... go ported and go custom build... if its is champ series heres box specs...

OPTIMUM CABINET SIZE (DETERMINED USING BASSBOX 6 PRO HIGH FIDELITY SUGGESTION)

Sealed Volume3.43 ft.³Sealed F339 Hz

Vented Volume4.58 ft.³Vented F322 Hz

as far as pioneer goes it isnt what it once was but still offer good products with the budget.... comps and insides prs series are hard to beat... i take my prs720s over my focal poly glass any day of the week... lol d series are good budget 6x9s but havent came across any that i would call good that pioneer makes... that champ series sub can hold its own... ive seen em put in work against some sa12s and handle their business!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.