Definitive: Cold weather = lower output

When did i ever state that cold weather makes the amp have lower output???? I never did, maybe you should read more carefully.
ok numbnuts.

this is like pressing your hand on the sub while it plays and coming here with

"DEFINITIVE: OBSTRUCTING YOUR SUBS MOVEMENT = LOWER OUTPUT"

ok numbnuts.
this is like pressing your hand on the sub while it plays and coming here with

"DEFINITIVE: OBSTRUCTING YOUR SUBS MOVEMENT = LOWER OUTPUT"
roflcopter...I usually gain by pressing my hand into cone //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

idk if anyone said this yet but things are much less resistive when cold, hence why they use liquid nitrogen to supercool conductors for high output. same reason there's a fan in most amps....lead acid batteries put out lower voltage when cold. your probably just imaging things.

I dont care what some of you guys say, you probably have never experienced anything remotely cold.

Im going to tell you right now. When its 40 below ZERO the SUBWOOFER DOESN'T FKCING work for atleast 40 min of play or more.

And some of you guys are missing the **** point, if you would have taken the time to actually read through the posts you would see that im not claiming that my AMP doesnt work in the cold im saying that the SUBWOOFER IS FROZEN LIKE A **** BLOCK, the rubber surround is harder than a rock, you would notice that i said that the amp outputs normal power and my lights dim on Que but the bass never happens.

i am not reading through 4 pages but i do have this to add if it hasnt been said already... if you are playing your sub and its not moving but current is going through it and you have no way to dissipate the heat because the driver isnt moving, i can see how that may be a problem. And I dont think the sub is seeing -40deg since the wind chill isnt affecting the cabin of the car. I live in Maine and have never had these issues, seen surrounds crack that were foam though, thats easy to understand though.

I dont care what some of you guys say, you probably have never experienced anything remotely cold. 

Im going to tell you right now. When its 40 below ZERO the SUBWOOFER DOESN'T FKCING work for atleast 40 min of play or more.

And some of you guys are missing the **** point, if you would have taken the time to actually read through the posts you would see that im not claiming that my AMP doesnt work in the cold im saying that the SUBWOOFER IS FROZEN LIKE A **** BLOCK, the rubber surround is harder than a rock, you would notice that i said that the amp outputs normal power and my lights dim on Que but the bass never happens.
FUCKING DUH

Finally a definitive answer. Ive grown so tired of the debates over whether or not suspension parts that have been so frozen so as to negatively affect their compliance will actually affect output. Now we know, definitively.

Can we finally put this much argued topic to rest?

Want to know the physics side of this?

K here is how this works the colder the molecules are, the slower energy is transfered through them.

In effect when you see a wave going through water, even though it looks like it, you are not seeing one solid wave but millions of chains in a pattern.

A sound wave's energy has to go through matter (air molecules.) Every time the wave hits a molecule the molecule attempts to absorb the energy from the wave, but it can't so basically, a new wave is formed on the other side.

This process slows down the rate of the wave of energy and makes it dissipate faster the more air molecules there are.

This is absolutely 100% backed by science.

Currently, even light has been slowed from 186,000 miles a second, down to 38 MPH!!!

guess how they did it?

They did it by shooting it through a cloud of molecules cooled to very close to absolute zero. Cold air is denser and slows down the transfer of energy.

HOWEVER, SPL is not perceived from the speed of energy, but the pressure of an environment a given distance from the source of energy... The dense environment then acts to create a higher pressure level within a certain proximity.

So here are some graphical charts to explain the difference between the effects of cold air and warm air systems, keep in mind these are exaggerated and highly estimated.

spltempchartrs2.jpg

Notice That the cold air is initially louder than the hot air.

This is because the densely packed cold air provides more molecules to absorb the energy, which you perceive as "loudness."

However the densely packed molecules also absorb and diffuse the energy in the wave more quickly, making it slow down and weaken faster.

Edit this(^^^) does not take into account the effects of the temperature on the mechanics of a subwoofer, but i've never seen a sub turn into a block of ice so, did you spray them with water the night before?

Want to know the physics side of this?

K here is how this works the colder the molecules are, the slower energy is transfered through them.

In effect when you see a wave going through water, even though it looks like it, you are not seeing one solid wave but millions of chains in a pattern.

A sound wave's energy has to go through matter (air molecules.) Every time the wave hits a molecule the molecule attempts to absorb the energy from the wave, but it can't so basically, a new wave is formed on the other side.

This process slows down the rate of the wave of energy and makes it dissipate faster the more air molecules there are.

This is absolutely 100% backed by science.

Currently, even light has been slowed from 186,000 miles a second, down to 38 MPH!!!

guess how they did it?

They did it by shooting it through a cloud of molecules cooled to very close to absolute zero. Cold air is denser and slows down the transfer of energy.

HOWEVER, SPL is not perceived from the speed of energy, but the pressure of an environment a given distance from the source of energy... The dense environment then acts to create a higher pressure level within a certain proximity.

So here are some graphical charts to explain the difference between the effects of cold air and warm air systems, keep in mind these are exaggerated and highly estimated.

spltempchartrs2.jpg

Notice That the cold air is initially louder than the hot air.

This is because the densely packed cold air provides more molecules to absorb the energy, which you perceive as "loudness."

However the densely packed molecules also absorb and diffuse the energy in the wave more quickly, making it slow down and weaken faster.

Edit this(^^^) does not take into account the effects of the temperature on the mechanics of a subwoofer, but i've never seen a sub turn into a block of ice so, did you spray them with water the night before?
What is your source on that?

And yea density kills long distance transmission of energy, don't you know thats why we use sonar on ships!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.