Deep Cycle Battery

Participant count
  • Participant list

cjpetch

CarAudio.com Newbie
I recently installed 2 10 inch kicker solo barics with an amp that has 4200 watt peak power. It ran fine the night I put it in but the next morning when I started it up it was fading in and out along with the power light. I already addressed the ground and I believe I am using 4 gauge power and ground (if not 4 then it's 8). I couldn't find any deep cycle batteries for my car and I was wondering if it needed to be car specific or if I could get a beefier one that's meant for a bigger car. I drive a 2006 Santa Fe Limited with the Monsoon system from factory. I am also considering adding a capacitor to help run the amp but I'm looking for some direction before I needlessly dump money into my system.

I recently installed 2 10 inch kicker solo barics with an amp that has 4200 watt peak power. It ran fine the night I put it in but the next morning when I started it up it was fading in and out along with the power light. I already addressed the ground and I believe I am using 4 gauge power and ground (if not 4 then it's 8). I couldn't find any deep cycle batteries for my car and I was wondering if it needed to be car specific or if I could get a beefier one that's meant for a bigger car. I drive a 2006 Santa Fe Limited with the Monsoon system from factory. I am also considering adding a capacitor to help run the amp but I'm looking for some direction before I needlessly dump money into my system.

Take some pics and post them. Don't run a capacitor. It sounds like your wiring and connections are lacking.

I replaced the old wire with 1/0 gauge OFC that my dad had laying around. I completely melted the other wire at the in line fuse and actually completely melted the fuse holder
You need t make SOLID Connections with NO EXPOSED Freys or wiring. DO NOT CHEAP OUT ON FUSED BLOCKS. Use Good to Best quality made Blocks such as XSCORPIAN od STINGER. KnuKoncepts, SKY HIGH, and Even GP AUDIO all make excellent Fused ANL and Midi/mini ANL blocks and great Solid Ground blocks and Distro. Blocks..Make sure you use OFC wire rather than CCA or CCA Tinned wiring, and Copper lugs are a great way to bolt the wiring down SOLID

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...