Deadening the Doors

Participant count
  • Participants list

Savackz

CarAudio.com Elite
GA
I have been trying to find an effective way to deaden the doors. I have a buddy selling some fatmat for like 20 bucks that is enough to deaden the doors, but I have been seeing stuff about closed cell foam and how it can help midrange responses. What are some options that are effective?

I have been trying to find an effective way to deaden the doors. I have a buddy selling some fatmat for like 20 bucks that is enough to deaden the doors, but I have been seeing stuff about closed cell foam and how it can help midrange responses. What are some options that are effective?
Fatmat alone wont do much. Get some sheet metal and self taping screws and cover up the door holes.

Closed cell foam does nothing to help midrange response. Closed cell foam is a decoupler which reduces rattle when you have stronger midbass from sealing up the door holes.

And after closing up the holes and adding the fat mat and closed cell foam, Add MLV - Mass loaded vinyl over the top of the CC foam. Its time and money well spent because without it I dont care what speakers you put in, you wont be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

And after closing up the holes and adding the fat mat and closed cell foam, Add MLV - Mass loaded vinyl over the top of the CC foam. Its time and money well spent because without it I dont care what speakers you put in, you wont be happy //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
That's exactly what I have. Damplifier Pro and Luxury Liner Pro too! And I;'m gonnas put some thin aluminum sheets over the holes and put the Damplifier over it too, and maybe a second layer of B-Quiet which I bought a 50 foot roll of! First.

John Kuthe...

Fatmat alone wont do much. Get some sheet metal and self taping screws and cover up the door holes.
Closed cell foam does nothing to help midrange response. Closed cell foam is a decoupler which reduces rattle when you have stronger midbass from sealing up the door holes.
Yeah I knew it won't do much alone, but I thought it'd help somewhat because even when the EQ for midbass is on -10, it still rattles some. I am trying to figure out the best configuration to have the door panels not rattle and increase midrange response.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.