Please help! RCA's wining!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lak23

FL
Bought 3 sets of pretty cheap RCA's. Ran front and rear to mids and highs amp and ran the subwoofer RCA to the subs amp. Sounds great (no wine) when only the mids and highs amp is plugged in with front RCA and rear RCA. However when I plug in the sub amp RCA's the wine develops. Weird thing is if I unplug the sub amp RCA and plug in the front set of RCA's into the sub amp it also has the wine. You think I just have some bad RCA's or is it my Pico fuse? I do have a Pioneer 4200. Should I ground all the RCA's to the headunit or buy all new RCA's and run them again?

i blew my pico fuse on my old pioneer by simply hot swapping the rcas. this produced engine wine in my front channel only, so maybe you're having the same issue where one channel is blown idk. all i did was buy a ground loop isolater and the wine decreased by 90%

Make sure that the ground wire for the pioneer head unit and power amp are connected to the

car separately with different screws.

Ground loop adapters can help in some instances. However, they can downgrade your sound.

I had a similar problem in my daughter's car, and tried the ground loop adapters. They helped some, but the problems was ultimately resolved after I installed new coil on spark plugs and new alternator. I think that the alternator had a bad diode, which caused the engine whine.

had the same problem ' i have good rcas ' i grounded the rca to headunit ' and i sanded off the grounds of my amps good ... problem solve for me! make sure your rcas not making contact with anything .!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.