Deadening A single cab 1500...

substance
10+ year member

houston
I have a 2001 Silverado single cab, I dont have many rattles, or too much road noise, except for rattles from the plastic panel in the back under the rear window, my door panels kind of move or flex alot, and i feel like i am rattling everything loose in my car, doors are starting to shut differently, stuff like that (I know thats expected and theres not much i can do). I would love to improve the SQ, Right now when it basses, its not as tight as i would like, it used to sound much better. Basically im trying to keep the sound inside the car. Listening from outside my car, when the bass is cranked up and windows rolled up, i can hear some rattles, not much but i can hear the highs a little, but i can barely hear the bass outside the car, just vibrations or rattles. BUT....When i am inside the car and the windows are up with the bass cranked. Its about a 1/4th as loud as when the windows are down, and i knows the windows kind of act like ports or what not, but i feel somehow everythings escaping my cab or something with the windows up. Any Ideas on this? I Was thinking about deadening the whole cab, Cause right now im running ~800watts to my two tens. But im going to redo everything, and have at least 1500-2000 watts running to some new subs or sub (XXX or brahma something like that :), or maybe something more taylored to SQ, i dunno... ), and i wanna take care of the deadening before. Any Ideads, Thoughts, Similar experiences? Im on a low budget.....Keep in mind I live in houston So it gets really hot in the summer, And my truck is Black, so insulation would be a priority too.... Thanks and sorry for rambling.

PS Do people ever run RCAs, power cables, Grounds, or speaker wires under the dampening material, or would that somehow add line noise?

i used about 100 sq feet in my silverado (regcab) but that was years ago.

if I were to do it over (with your goals in mind) I would go with about 150-200 sq feet of vibration damper and a bunch of open and closed cell foam.

you might want to look in to barriers and absorber composites as well.

Feel free to amil maio me for more specifics.

I am always happy to help regarless of what product you use

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.