Dead battery using sub in winter

zombie4000

OH
I have a 03 Honda Civic EX with a system installed. I have a REF1600A Amp and 10 DVQ Kappa Perfect sub with a Rocksford Capacitor. During the winter when it gets really cold the battery will die over night. When I take the fuze out the car battery will not die. Not sure what the issue is at this point and everyone else I talked to doesn't know. We switched out the capacitor and moved the ground (to a better ground) but I still am having this issue.

Has anyone run into this or has any advise on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Rob

I have a 03 Honda Civic EX with a system installed. I have a REF1600A Amp and 10 DVQ Kappa Perfect sub with a Rocksford Capacitor. During the winter when it gets really cold the battery will die over night. When I take the fuze out the car battery will not die. Not sure what the issue is at this point and everyone else I talked to doesn't know. We switched out the capacitor and moved the ground (to a better ground) but I still am having this issue.
Has anyone run into this or has any advise on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Rob
one thing is to make sure that the remote wire isnt connected straight to the positive wire. this being the case, even with the car off, the amp will stay on 24/7. if thats not it, could just be a weak battery.

ya check and make sure nothing is on all the time and another thing is that over time when battery great weaker it wont show it until winter time when you really need the cold amps.

disconnect the negative terminal to the battery. take your multimeter, set it to milliamps, and a put one lead on the negative cable and the other lead on the negative post. Get your reading. Anything more than .25 - .30 isn't normal...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.