DD9910 how many cubes?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I must have been out of the loop for a while. Back in 06-09 thats all everyone praised was yellow tops. What should I look into?

I have all the wiring, stinger fuses/holders, grommets, etc.

I will get the mean grean alt at cost so it will be WELL under $500. Msrp is $399 so I should get it for about $290. All I need is the alt and amp. Already have a yellowtop in the jeep. Jeep is almost done getting lifted, then its 1 week to get the inside rhino lined, 1 week to get the outside painted then ill be I stalling everything for sounds. Cant wait.

Also, if I go with a mean green 350a alternator, will I really need 2 batteries?

Remember, its in a 95 wrangler. The car pulls very little amps itself because there is no power anything. No power doors, locks, windows, not even any lights on the inside.

Im thinking I can get away with 1 battery...?

Also, if I go with a mean green 350a alternator, will I really need 2 batteries?
Remember, its in a 95 wrangler. The car pulls very little amps itself because there is no power anything. No power doors, locks, windows, not even any lights on the inside.

Im thinking I can get away with 1 battery...?
People here get battery happy. If your alt is suppling enough power you will never need the battery but to start the car.

People here get battery happy. If your alt is suppling enough power you will never need the battery but to start the car.
Good to know. The second battery tray for a 95 wrangler is $130, the wiring kit with relay is $170 and the second battery is $2-250. Only going 1 battery saves me **** near $500.

From the picture, it looks like the Duracells have multiple posts? Looks like 2 each on top then post holes on the side? Anyone confirm? Im going to need 2 runs of 0 for the + plus the cars + and then 3 runs of 0 for the - (im grounding to tub, frame and engine block) plus car -. It looks like the die hard plat only has 1 post. The Duracells will be much easier to work with if they have 3 post locations.

thanks again for the battery update. I confirmed with lots of reading online how yellow tops are now out sourced garbage. Thanks guys.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.