DD SS4 vs Zuki

No power classes. Its classed by install modifications and processing
Ok, then why do they have to be cheater amps? I know people use cheater amps in SPL because of power classes. I'm not familiar with the rules for SQ comps

Cant see the last post on my own **** thread

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

Ok, then why do they have to be cheater amps? I know people use cheater amps in SPL because of power classes. I'm not familiar with the rules for SQ comps
I think its more of a attention getter than a cheater. It seems to work very well

Cant see the last post on my own **** thread 

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I think its more of a attention getter than a cheater. It seems to work very well
Alright, just wondering if there was a specific reason they rated that way

2 days and no reply from Zuki. If they cant get back with me about a sale than I'm not trusting them if something happens after I have it
I could see your frustration over that but I don't know if I send Nick from SI an email that it is a sure fire thing he will get to it in 2 days. Everyone knows he stands behind his products. Super small companies can't have someone sitting by the phone or reading every email all day. Many times it is just one person and they have a career outside of their audio business they are required to do. I don't want to make this out to be a hugger thread for zuki but that is the reality of these ultra small companies. You want right now customers service then they are not for you. Buy your DD as I would asume they should be moderately quick on CS.

Hate to thread jack but it'll be on topic

There seems to have been alot of talk about the power rating on the Zuki and i just wanted to get some clarity. Isn't the low rating more related to the amps ability to amplify a signal with almost 0 THD? Using the term "cheater amp" was more about making a point that the amp is capable of producing way more power but in the sq world extremely low THD trumps high output?

2 days and no reply from Zuki. If they cant get back with me about a sale than I'm not trusting them if something happens after I have it
Yeah, have some patience man. Boutique companies don't always have the fastest response times.

I could see your frustration over that but I don't know if I send Nick from SI an email that it is a sure fire thing he will get to it in 2 days. Everyone knows he stands behind his products. Super small companies can't have someone sitting by the phone or reading every email all day. Many times it is just one person and they have a career outside of their audio business they are required to do. I don't want to make this out to be a hugger thread for zuki but that is the reality of these ultra small companies. You want right now customers service then they are not for you. Buy your DD as I would asume they should be moderately quick on CS.
That piece of mind I've gotten use to just isn't there. Reminds me of that time it took a week for DC to send me a RMA. Than a month and a half to get it back after I paid shipping for a defective sub.

Hate to thread jack but it'll be on topic
There seems to have been alot of talk about the power rating on the Zuki and i just wanted to get some clarity. Isn't the low rating more related to the amps ability to amplify a signal with almost 0 THD? Using the term "cheater amp" was more about making a point that the amp is capable of producing way more power but in the sq world extremely low THD trumps high output?

I read they got that rating at minimum gain and minimum input voltage.

Then do you need a show amp? If its just getting mounted to the rear deck, get something geared more towards function than aesthetics.

That Helix amp is beautiful, and I feel like it would be a waste to hide it.

The helix is nice, for sure. I think The DD is at the bottom of the list right now in terms of desirability, under the Zeds, Zuki, and that Helix, IMO anyway. However, you'll get probably the most support (depending, I've gotten awesome support from Vertex for my Levi) on the DD. But will you have issues with any of the better amps? That's the risk you're going to have to take.

Then do you need a show amp? If its just getting mounted to the rear deck, get something geared more towards function than aesthetics.
That Helix amp is beautiful, and I feel like it would be a waste to hide it.
It would be a waste but that Class A topology wouldn't be hidden. I know this would be the hardest part of this build. I really want the best front stage I can get within reason

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date