DD SS4 vs Zuki

The helix is nice, for sure. I think The DD is at the bottom of the list right now in terms of desirability, under the Zeds, Zuki, and that Helix, IMO anyway. However, you'll get probably the most support (depending, I've gotten awesome support from Vertex for my Levi) on the DD. But will you have issues with any of the better amps? That's the risk you're going to have to take.
The DD will give me the most headroom but only slight over the ZED, Zuki?

DD will by far have the best support since its 5 minutes away and its $200+ cheaper

]Cons, its class D and its just not in the same prestige league as the others.

I wish wooferect still carried that helix, they where always fast to get back with me

The DD will give me the most headroom but only slight over the ZED, Zuki?DD will by far have the best support since its 5 minutes away and its $200+ cheaper

]Cons, its class D and its just not in the same prestige league as the others.

I wish wooferect still carried that helix, they where always fast to get back with me
I'm not sure the DD will have the most headroom. It would be hard to say without breaking down the internal components but I would think the zuki at least will have a large amount of headroom. I am not sure if zed believes in the headroom theory with the class d amps. Another option you might want to look into is the Biketronics BT4180. It is ultra small using hypex modules and i am very impressed with mine so far. It will take some education about it as it is much different then anything you have used before would be my guess. Side benefit is that it is manufactured by hand in america. Here is a link to some talk about this amp... At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for! - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

I'm not sure the DD will have the most headroom. It would be hard to say without breaking down the internal components but I would think the zuki at least will have a large amount of headroom. I am not sure if zed believes in the headroom theory with the class d amps. Another option you might want to look into is the Biketronics BT4180. It is ultra small using hypex modules and i am very impressed with mine so far. It will take some education about it as it is much different then anything you have used before would be my guess. Side benefit is that it is manufactured by hand in america. Here is a link to some talk about this amp... At last! The Biketronics BT4180 amp review you've all been waiting for! - Page 7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
How can they not have gains??

Haha not really. It reads the input voltage and syncs to it. Mr.Bill at DIYMA works for them and may be able to help break it down.
Ok, I was wondering if they would just be the same output, no matter what your head-unit volume was at (if they automatically adjusted to max output no matter what the signal was).

Head-units have different pre-out voltages, so I was wondering how that all worked out

I keep going back to the DD. $ for watt it wins. I don't need a impress the judges amp and I doubt daily listening I'll notice the difference. I can find better places to put that money.

I keep going back to the DD. $ for watt it wins. I don't need a impress the judges amp and I doubt daily listening I'll notice the difference. I can find better places to put that money.
I honestly have no idea why you keep this thread going. It has been obvious that you were going to go with the dd from the beginning...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date