DD SS4 vs Zuki

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
The SS4 will be under $500 new with dealer support. The Zuki will be online order and support.

Any other new options under $500 that fit that criteria? It will be active on a set of Hertz HSK XLs. I'm really leaning toward the DD since I like matching amps and it's no slouch and its local.

The SS4 will be under $500 new with dealer support. The Zuki will be online order and support. Any other new options under $500 that fit that criteria? It will be active on a set of Hertz HSK XLs. I'm really leaning toward the DD since I like matching amps and it's no slouch and its local.
I'm getting an Ampere 125.4 to run active. Traded in some stuff to Vertex Audio.

Ampere Audio 125.4 4 Channel Amplifier

AmpA125.4-2T.jpg

It's $409.99

Only criteria is se xy, 4 channels, 100+ x 4 at 4, A/B preferred but I'm open to ZED D.
Draconia's are powerful, they don't come up used very often though and new are outside your budget, but used would be within your budget. Vertex Audio has a trade-in program if you have anything left and want one. I have a Levi III for sale if you want some high power, but it's a bit outside your budget. Might be able to do a pretty good deal if you were interested.

Outside of that, the Zuki seem awesome, and I would probably take that over the DD any day. They do have a couple issues with CS that I've seen a couple times, so make sure you hop on DIYMA and do some research. I think the amps perform very well though.

New Soundstream REF's are nice amps, but you'll have to look used as they're not made anymore. Places still have them NIB, so just make sure you call and make sure they have them before you purchase. DO NOT BUY FROM ONLINECARSTEREO.COM. Can't say that enough. They advertise as in stock and then take your money but in reality they don't have any and it's a bitch to get your money back.

REF4 920 Soundstream 4 CH Amp 1840W Max Components Speakers Tweeters Amplifier 709483032361 | eBay

The new Zapco Z-series LE/LX amps look awesome, but those are probably out of your budget too. They were redesigned from the regular Z series and only have gain controls, have individual trim pots for each channel, and have a few upgraded parts on the inside. Haven't heard/tried one yet, but they look really nice.

The USAcoustics Barbara Ann looks really nice too: SSA Store - US Acoustics Barbara Ann 4 channel amplifier

And as always, the PPI P900.4's are very clean/solid power for the price. If you can get past the name/look, there might not be better power/price.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LosIsATool

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
LosIsATool
Pensacola, Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date