DD 9500G more info?

Just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone knows more about this. I have a 9500G18 and was wondering is this one of the good 9500 motors? I know there a a few of them. Also my motor has what appears to be several different cooling options, was wondering if my was customized from DD or if all the G motors have so many cooling holes and groooves. Also how does the power handling and frequency response change with the different motors or is it about the same? Any other knowledge about the G (like the years produced) or any of the 9500 series would be cool just trying to learn more about what I have.

Thanks.

I owned three of the 9500g's. I had two 12's and a 15 at different times. They definitely had the slots cut in the top plate, but I don't recall there being slots cut in the pole piece when I replaced the dust cap on one of my 12's. That might have been an extra cooling option, but I'm not sure. It was years ago. I'd say the g was a good motor. I sent about 2k worth of amplifier at them. My friend made a really nice box for the 15 and the frequency response was excellent.

Your best bet would be to email DD for more info if you just want to learn more about it in general.

OEQSqw6.jpg

My old 2515sc had the holes in the pole piece, I think that's a standard DD feature.
I don't mean the holes in the pole piece, I'm talking about the vertical slots cut into the outer edge of the pole piece. Those I don't remember seeing when I repaired my sub

I dont really think there are "bad" 95 motors. Some are better, but all the ones im familiar with are solid. Afaik

DD recone is 170$ the designed it.. I would use psi parts on a dd.That's like using Chevy parts in the Lamborghini
Psi recone is $210 shipped with triple tinsel leads flat wound coil triple stiff progressive roll spiders carbon fiber dust cap and a whole bunch of other goodies. I’ve ordered many PSI drop ins. Have loved every one. They take a ton of abuse and sound great.

Psi recone is $210 shipped with triple tinsel leads flat wound coil triple stiff progressive roll spiders carbon fiber dust cap and a whole bunch of other goodies. I’ve ordered many PSI drop ins. Have loved every one. They take a ton of abuse and sound great.
OK lol.

Dd uses copper coils and 6 stiff spiders. It's cheaper and they have better parts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.