DC/DC Converter

Rob.
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I had my Alpine 7909 looked at , they confirmed it needs a DC/DC converter inside cuz it's dead...basically theres no audio output.

The unit turns on , Tuner works etc etc.

Lemme know if anyone can get a new one !

thanks

Wouldnt a piece of wire with a DC input have a DC output? Does it convert the DC level or what?
The DC/DC Conveter is on the circuit board inside the deck of the 7909, not outside.

The cd players turns on, Tuner works, etc etc, but there's no sound output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I had it looked at by an authorized Alpine repair shop here in Canada http://www.wcent.ca/

Signal output is usually an AC voltage, thats why this is throwing me.
I have no idea.. All they said is that it needs a DC/DC Converter.

Im no technical guru here ! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

The DC/DC Conveter is on the circuit board inside the deck of the 7909, not outside.The cd players turns on, Tuner works, etc etc, but there's no sound output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I had it looked at by an authorized Alpine repair shop here in Canada http://www.wcent.ca/
No output on the RCA's or speaker outputs or both?

My Alpine unit has the DC/DC converter hanging off the back of the unit, attached by a thick green wire (looks about 4GA size, but I'm sure most of it's insulation).

The DC/DC Conveter is on the circuit board inside the deck of the 7909, not outside.The cd players turns on, Tuner works, etc etc, but there's no sound output. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Is it different on yours compared to the 30th anniversary 7909, because if Im not mistaken the DC/DC converter is the box on the wiring harness on this 30th ann. edition......

46ee_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-7909-30th-anaversity-limited-edition-259-of-300_W0QQitemZ320309290146QQihZ011QQcategoryZ39754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

dc-dc converter is for the higher logic (5 volt and lower) functions of the head unit. It has nothing to do with the AC output amplifier on the board. So it doesnt make sense that your tuner still functions. If the DC-DC converter failed, the unit wouldnt even come on.

Im not entirely sure what your saying your problem is though - is it that the RCA out has no signal on it, or are you trying to use the amplifier in the head unit? Two very different things.

dc-dc converter is for the higher logic (5 volt and lower) functions of the head unit. It has nothing to do with the AC output amplifier on the board. So it doesnt make sense that your tuner still functions. If the DC-DC converter failed, the unit wouldnt even come on.
Im not entirely sure what your saying your problem is though - is it that the RCA out has no signal on it, or are you trying to use the amplifier in the head unit? Two very different things.
ok, they tell me the unit comes on. cd plays, FM tuner etc etc, but theres no sound.

I just called them and they said its the dc/dc converter. Then they told me that after they fix that, there might be other problems too.

I should just sell the unit, cuz I have run out of options. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif:crap:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.