taking hu out

Participant count
  • Participant list

liljojo4711
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
dallas
how do u get an aftermarket hu out of the dash? i need to run wires to it and everything but not sure how to get it out. its an ida-x100 in a mustang. do i just pull the trim panel off thats around it? will it break? do i need any special tools?

Removing a radio is different is every car, but generally remove your dash trim from in front of/ areound the radio & work from there. Usually the aftermarket deck will have a mounting kit that allows it to bolt into the stock radio mounting positions.

If it is the car in your sig...a 99 Mustang....and its an aftermarket radio...you will have to get the removal keys of the brand of radio that it is... i.e,.. kenwood radio removal keys, sony radio removal keys, eclipse radios dont use keys, bluapunkt radio removal keys, etc etc etc.

I just noticed its an Alpine you are taking out...if you remove the trim ring you should set a little slot in the side of the cage with some little tabs on it...push the tab until its in the middle of the "slot" on both sides then the radio will come free....i know most older Alpines are like this, im not too familiar with the model number you have so it might still require alpine removal keys....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.