DC Audio subs?

neo's not particularly new. The IA warden is the only sub I can think of to do anything new with it at all. Other than that most of the designs on the market especially alot of the popular internet brands are just rehashes of the same couple designs sold under different names using off the shelf parts. Adire went under, TC sounds is gone for now, other than a few SQ woofers not too many people are doing much that's new. I guess sundown is using faraday rings in their new SPL subs, which is pretty cool. Hopefully that will keep up with their "SQL" style lines too since it can help alot if used properly.
All good points ..i know you know your stuff...read some informal posts from you...do you personally think there is anything special about the DC line of subs?

i have run dc subs for awhile now and have never blown a coil yet. ripped alot of spiders due to mistuning but never had a coil fail and i have ran 8k to each sub in my comp. car. as far as spl they do pretty good also. i think a 156.2 with 2-12's is respectable in a street car.

i have run dc subs for awhile now and have never blown a coil yet. ripped alot of spiders due to mistuning but never had a coil fail and i have ran 8k to each sub in my comp. car. as far as spl they do pretty good also. i think a 156.2 with 2-12's is respectable in a street car.
That's damn respectable!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

I hope to pick up the lvl 5 once everyone sells theres to upgrade to the lvl 6 lol

My lvl 4 got down compared to others around here with much more.

I hope my new setup will the btl will outdo it but who knows.

I will say, I got a recone from dc in about a week.

It took me 3 weeks to even get ahold of someone from Fi, then another week to build and its on its way now.

Thats kind of saying somethin about their CS.

I just hope the btl sounds like I hope it does.

Never said they were ****....

It's much more than just items listed...i'm speaking on individual companies with their own designs ...just wondering what exactly is steering people towards a significant company imparticular ....and there's always something new....not necessarily with parts ....buy how some are used....Neo seems to be a hot button ATM....
ok

How about 2 cents from me:

There are way too many companies out there, and I've probably tried products from most of the brands. In comparison: Rusty's customer service is top notch. Rusty is a world class competitor with years of experience in both competing and owning a well respectable retail store. The product is well designed and is constantly being adapted towards what we really want. Take one example of the oversize mounting plate for the 10" level 5. It took me years to try and figure out a better mounting way. They figured it out and are adapting it nicely. The subs are great, I have 2 of their subs and I having nothing to say but good things about them. There was a better way with the gluing technique, not that there's anything wrong before...but it could be even stronger. I immediately addressed it and I'm sure it's been implemented right way. With a newer and smaller companies, there are little things to learn along the way. There may be a few hiccups here or there, but as long as they're taken care of...and the customers are happy...that's essentially the bottom line.

The line up is pretty solid in my books. The Level 4XL is my favorite so far from DC. It's a beastly little sub that gets low and loud. I'm seeing many people happy with the product. More and more competitors are wining with DC. Not too bad if you ask me.

Tuan

I've read the whole thread and have been a quiet watcher but truth...Tommy comes off as bashing a product for being a prototype.
Didnt he start a thread about the all new prototype super gauss 3 and defend its design and operation even though no one has heard one. (yes I know meade just got his)
Hey, like I said in that PM to you on SMD, I posted that fi thread and defended it because I understand what's going on in that sub and believe that it's something new that has potential.

The flat cone has had a sketchy past, and instead of putting to rest that past, rusty and the rest of the DC crew only said that "they thought of that" or "we have ideas".

Not exactly putting my mind at ease with those statements.

But to be fair, no I don't particularly care for DC stuff. Personally I don't think it's anything different or better than the old (i.e. good) RE stuff. Same cones, spiders, and coils as fi and everyone else, only different (and sometimes overly huge) motors. The main difference is rusty has great customer support, which puts him above other companies, but I don't think the products are any better than other companies.

Yes I think your setup is awesome and yes I know you support DC, but frankly I think you could drop any good sub in there and do similar, if not better, numbers and without the hassle of having to make custom mounting rings and using 16 spiders. (though I think you have a lot to gain by changing that box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif) Though I will say that you do run into the same problem that I do: not a lot of companies make a really beefy 10" sub. DC seems to work great for you, nothing wrong with that.

People get hung up on a certain brand and hate on anyone who questions said company. I made my point abundantly clear on SMD and was met with hostility. Sure it was partly my fault because I really don't care for that forum and made that known as well. That only fueled the fire I suppose.

Towards the end of that thread I gave up on trying to convince others of my intentions, but that was lost in the middle of a shitstorm from which that thread would never recover.

Personally, I still think that 4kw free-air video is ********. Burp a different sub for a split second, at a higher frequency, with the meters on peak hold and try to say that it's the same scenario as the original video with the flat cone sub? That was the shadiest **** in that whole thread. The A team knows it, I knew it, and everyone else just agreed with them without thinking. Why? Well because ovbiously I'm just a "hater" with no real questions or knowledge.

You diddn't know he's the loudest and smartest in the world!?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Pardon me, but aren't you the guy who lost to mike and his daily driver setup with half the cone area?

And fried your amp in the process because you tried to wire it down in an effort to beat him?

Yep, I went there.

Man the lifeboats. ****'s about to get deep.

I may not be the loudest person in the world, but I definitely can see through the hype and ********.

Pardon me, but aren't you the guy who lost to mike and his daily driver setup with half the cone area?
And fried your amp in the process because you tried to wire it down in an effort to beat him?

Yep, I went there.

Man the lifeboats. ****'s about to get deep.

I may not be the loudest person in the world, but I definitely can see through the hype and ********.
Tommy,

You and I have been in this industry long enough to know that products quality is neck to neck in many companies. I know that if I give you any subwoofer, you will still dominate with it. The vast majority lies in your knowledge and experience. And at the end of the day, it's going to be the company with the best customer service that supports the industry that's going to get our votes.

I'm pretty confident to say DC is well within the top 5 subwoofer companies. Many forum people are inexperienced and when they've had an opportunity to enter into the realm of non mainstream underground companies, they will be extremely happy. They will continue to endlessly recommend the great experience they've had regardless of other brands they've yet to try. It's the nature of the forums and people in general. You know what I mean. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Tuan

Ahhh yes ...i have been more than pleased with IA... definitely will run them again one day....i would just hate to get caught up in a fad...that's why i can't wait to try a SSA set-up....no one hardly runs them and I've heard nothing but good things! Fi makes loud subs but the company itself has been overshadowed //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
my next setup will for sure be ia. either warden or dp. till then i do have my 4xl. ssa is a good brand. i had an icon last year. they give deep clean bass. fi has been overshadowed to say the least. im happy with dc tho...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.