help me buy the last 12" I will ever need

loud-n-low
10+ year member

i give ladies 30mm xmax
upstate NY
Must be Brand new. Im looking for a 12" d2 driver that is a low end monster for the most part.must have nice SQ,but be able to get loud when called upon.it must love a low tuned ported box(say 28hz). great low end extension and fairly loud, and handle a Sundown sae-1200. $300(or less) prefered,unless its worth the xtra cash:) my list so far:

SSA Xcon( pricey,but worth it?)

Fi Q 12

AA Havoc?( know nothing about it)

DC level 4( with lvl 5 coil for 1500 rms?)

I tend to like subs with high xmax,low fs, I just have no experience with any of the subs listed above

i dont belive youd really need a level 5 coil in a level 4 just for 1200 RMS, DC is underrated. I would wait for Z.12 comes out or get jacob to beef up a sa-12 for you, you know sundown loves low tuning.

i dont belive youd really need a level 5 coil in a level 4 just for 1200 RMS, DC is underrated. I would wait for Z.12 comes out or get jacob to beef up a sa-12 for you, you know sundown loves low tuning.
any info on these? thought they were a little more spl oriented

any info on these? thought they were a little more spl oriented
Any sub can be more SPL oriented if you tune higher. Sundowns love low tuning and sound great in it. I wouldve sold you my custom Z v.1 12" but its pending payment already.

i wouldnt wait for a sub.
get a Audiopulse sub

or maybe a nice SI Mag

the Q is a nice option too.
Fi Q is a nice one.

the Fi Q seems to always be said to hit the lows real well, I was wondering if the Xcon is worth the extra cash over the Q

I would think that the q would get a bit louder off of 1500wrms than the xcon but I have only heard a 12" q before and not the xcon.
really? i was under the assumption the xcon would be slightly louder

really? i was under the assumption the xcon would be slightly louder
The Q and the Icon are in the same general segment. Where as the Xcon and the Havoc are in the same general segment. The Q is an excellent choice, and so is the Xcon. Can't wrong with either driver, you need to decide which is more suited for your goals. Both sound awesome in the right install, both have strong output potential. The Xcon has a little more power handling and Xmax then the Q, but output is largely dependent on the install.

And the Xcon is not pricey for the amount of driver you get for the price, especially considering it is quite expensive to build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.