best 8" to free air the rear deck off 250w ?

brian84corvette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
like the title states,

my current project car has no trunk space at all anywhere to put in any kind of box - my trunk is filled up with group 31 batterys and hydraulic pumps, and my rear package tray has the rear hydraulic pistons poking thru so there can not be any kind of box in there either.

- ive never looked in to free air subs before as I was an iddiot and thought it was a gimick of some sort.... so now I call upon CA members to send me to school - my rear deck has only enough room to mount a single 8" driver. it can be a deep mounting driver - thats not a problem. I currently have a new style re8 in there now and I feel like its suspension is waay too soft to handle any kind of power at all for free air play - so I have it wired to 8ohm to my amp and it plays but its totaly not impressive. (my re8 is dual 4)

my amp is a old rockford f punch a2 mono that gives 200w@2ohm and 100w@4ohm and is probly rated conservitavely expecialy with 14.4 electrical

so please CA members - school me

advise the correct 8" driver for my aplication

thanks in advance

thanks for the links guys,

I can only use one 8" in the rear deck - it also shares space for a pair of 6+9s

that image D. sub better rock the dam house for 120$ dam thats kinda pricy... and its not even the idq8 wich looks like its a $200+ dealy

**** man... I might have to re think this whole thing a little before dropin more $

after I already spent $50 on this one http://www.woofersetc.com/p8390/REX8D4--RE-Audio-8"-250-Watt-Dual-4-Ohm-REX-Series-Subwoofer.htm

maby I should just wire it up at 2 ohms and see how it goes. maby set the amp verry conservitavely ....

crappy pix but its all I got right now

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

My 8" forsale I'd drop the price too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why not go with Sundown E8 should do good and is cheap

mine isn't a e8 lol mine is a eclipse.

I'd prefer the e8 over the re8 but both are reallly good subs. I have no idea about the newer re8 though

maby its me but the suspension on the new re8 seems realley soft to me.

would probly be realley good in a small sealed box or something.... but thats not my app.

just watched the video of your eclipse playing free air.

what a beast

would I kill that thing in my rear deck off loud music daily in "free air" back there

due to the factory defect on it ?

maby its me but the suspension on the new re8 seems realley soft to me.would probly be realley good in a small sealed box or something.... but thats not my app.

just watched the video of your eclipse playing free air.

what a beast

would I kill that thing in my rear deck off loud music daily in "free air" back there

due to the factory defect on it ?
Please read the info I provided with the video.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.