DC Audio subs?

About 4-5K...2 18's ..i'm just gonna snag some temp subs until maybe the NS V.2's come out...i've always wanted to try Sundown subs:veryhapp:
Sounds like a good plan.

I've only heard them in Tommys truck... and that's MORE than enough to make me a believer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif His truck is absolutely INSANE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/drool.gif.b5e863e893038027711d4402f340dad0.gif
I also...but you could throw 24 of any sub in there and it would be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif....i'd like to hear just a couple of em to truly judge

man this topic can go on for years, what all speakers have in common, voice coils, spiders, big magnets, different cones, surrounds, basket, lead wires. no new technogly here

people give their dc lvl 4xl's 3000w+++. Then say 'omg rusty it blew on only 1500w, warranty covers it right?'

then rusty says, yessir, its in the mail. sorry about the bad experience, want some free stuff?

dc isnt ****, rustys **** holds up, freshly build a buddies lvl 4xl 15 right in front of him and it works great
Never said they were ****....

reasons??
It's much more than just items listed...i'm speaking on individual companies with their own designs ...just wondering what exactly is steering people towards a significant company imparticular ....and there's always something new....not necessarily with parts ....buy how some are used....Neo seems to be a hot button ATM....

I also...but you could throw 24 of any sub in there and it would be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif....i'd like to hear just a couple of em to truly judge
True, but did u also know when he had the RE SEs in the truck he would have to swap out an average of 2-3 woofers after EACH bassboxing run... I don't think he's blown one of his signature subs yet.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

True, but did u also know when he had the RE SEs in the truck he would have to swap out an average of 2-3 woofers after EACH bassboxing run... I don't think he's blown one of his signature subs yet.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Lol....he smoked a many of them bishes demoing day 1 at finals this year! I was standing there and i smelt that familiar smell...me and this old lady just looked at each other and nodded....lol..it was weird cuz she knew what the smell was too!

I've read the whole thread and have been a quiet watcher but truth...Tommy comes off as bashing a product for being a prototype.
Didnt he start a thread about the all new prototype super gauss 3 and defend its design and operation even though no one has heard one. (yes I know meade just got his)
You diddn't know he's the loudest and smartest in the world!?!?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

DC has great subs. I would say there the best sounding sub that can be used for spl ,but I cant say there the loudest in the lanes.
Really? Best sounding spl sub? I'll have to give another couple set-up's a listen

Never said they were ****....

It's much more than just items listed...i'm speaking on individual companies with their own designs ...just wondering what exactly is steering people towards a significant company imparticular ....and there's always something new....not necessarily with parts ....buy how some are used....Neo seems to be a hot button ATM....
neo's not particularly new. The IA warden is the only sub I can think of to do anything new with it at all. Other than that most of the designs on the market especially alot of the popular internet brands are just rehashes of the same couple designs sold under different names using off the shelf parts. Adire went under, TC sounds is gone for now, other than a few SQ woofers not too many people are doing much that's new. I guess sundown is using faraday rings in their new SPL subs, which is pretty cool. Hopefully that will keep up with their "SQL" style lines too since it can help alot if used properly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.