DB Electrical or Power Bastards

Singer quoted me almost twice that. The alternator for my vehicle is a variation of the CS144 but an entirely different case used only for this vehicle.

Hard to argue with a lifetime warranty but I will add that I used a Power Bastard alt and had zero issues with it. Definitely had no trouble keeping up with my AQ2200 and three batteries. I didn't buy it new though either. Not sure I would spend almost 400 new for one with all the other stuff out there. Not a knock on them at all but they are no Singer, Mechman, Ohio Gen, etc

Looks don't matter. Alt sits way down low can't even see it. DC power does not carry one. Didn't inquire though.

I agree with spooney. I bought one about 4 to 5 years back from powerbastards. It's still going they are good budget alternators. Try looking at them or mechman or singer. I have no say on db. I've heard ups and downs about them. If all you need or wanting is a 250 amp, I say go for powerbastards. If higher singer or mechman... Dc is a little too priceyfor me. Good luck

Mechman or Singer are the only ones I would trust to build an alternator. This is based off much communication back and forth with various companies. Many of which are straight up grimey. As in throw an over drive pulley on a factory alternator, call it a day and profit. I ultimately decided to build up my own unit. Will post pictures nd results of my build when the time comes.

My 03 Astro came with a cs144 and I changed it out with an AD244 at 250 amp. Which is a much better alternator and the same monts. The Astro is a tight fit, but it works great. DC power has a 185 amp for 299. but get the best what you can afford you don't want to burn your system up with a Ebay alt.

No AD244 with 6 and 12 mount points. Though the distance between mounting points is still the same on center. There is also issues with voltage regulaor and thermistor type setup used on this vehicle to set regulator voltage output. Without this will cause battery light and DIC error messages. There a couple making hybrid units with 6 and 12 CS144 front half with AD244 internals, but still do not use any system to adjust regulator output. I would rather have a project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.