DB Electrical alts

Ya... I may be the only person, but they are junk.. My friend got one for his car and we finaly got to clamp it a couple months ago with a Fluke amp clamp and it was junk. We took it out and compared to a DC Power alt he ordered and there was major difference right off. Also he had got a 220amp from DB and 220 amp from DC and the DC just kills the DB Electrical alt. We looked more on the DB electrical alt and found where it said MotorCraft right on the casing. Come to find out his alternator was pretty much a hopped up stock alt. We called them out on it after having a local alternator shop test it along with his alt and they guy told us they sold him a beefed up piece of junk. We called DB and they refused to do anything, we faxed them papers of proof they didn't do rated power even at 2k rpm and idle. And even certified mailed them letters and pictures stating what they did was false advertisement. My friend threatened to exploit there way of business but they didn't seem to care one bit. Next day I had him call up Robbie at DC Power and had an alt within 3 days and we noticed a way better voltage and overall system prformance.

I cant say im overly impressed with my 400 dollar mechman that was toast after the car was driven 4 times. Cant even get it fixed locally because they use proprietary parts.

oh that is disappointing, i was going to get one of those, the next best thing to that is a mechman on ebay for 400, ouch there goes 100 bucks =[

Ya... I may be the only person, but they are junk.. My friend got one for his car and we finaly got to clamp it a couple months ago with a Fluke amp clamp and it was junk. We took it out and compared to a DC Power alt he ordered and there was major difference right off. Also he had got a 220amp from DB and 220 amp from DC and the DC just kills the DB Electrical alt. We looked more on the DB electrical alt and found where it said MotorCraft right on the casing. Come to find out his alternator was pretty much a hopped up stock alt. We called them out on it after having a local alternator shop test it along with his alt and they guy told us they sold him a beefed up piece of junk. We called DB and they refused to do anything, we faxed them papers of proof they didn't do rated power even at 2k rpm and idle. And even certified mailed them letters and pictures stating what they did was false advertisement. My friend threatened to exploit there way of business but they didn't seem to care one bit. Next day I had him call up Robbie at DC Power and had an alt within 3 days and we noticed a way better voltage and overall system prformance.

So in your honest opinion, nothing can and will stack up to a DC alt huh?

i have electrical problems at idle prior so i can't contribute much.. but when driving around it holds 14.2 full blast 2.5k watts at idle when i first turn my car on i can stay 13+ full tilt.. after i take it out of park the first time the idle gets goofey.. dunno how to describe it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.