Dayton Audio Box Build

A friend I know swears by PWK designs. I heard a folded horn enclosure that PWK designed. It was for a 12" Morel Ultimo Titanium. He tells me PWK has his own software that he made to calculate cabin gain and such. The response was pretty decent but I wasn't impressed with the output. Maybe it was the sub I'm not sure. I kinda feel it's a rip off for $50 but if it's for a complicated design then I could understand. There's alot of mixed feelings about this guy but IDK.. Was there a long wait time? I heard it was like a month or 2 wait for one of his designs.
He got back to me within a day.. Had my design ready within 48hrs.. Gave me two designs for the price of one.

Here’s the other design I’ll tryout in the future..

bc8cf2c4a6f4514878a1621beb0c63d8.png

The v-notch behaves as the high tune side of a 6th order parallel.. Improving laminar flow through my ski opening..

This guy is nuts when it comes to Audio Engineering..

Reason I choose to go with him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend I know swears by PWK designs. I heard a folded horn enclosure that PWK designed. It was for a 12" Morel Ultimo Titanium. He tells me PWK has his own software that he made to calculate cabin gain and such. The response was pretty decent but I wasn't impressed with the output. Maybe it was the sub I'm not sure. I kinda feel it's a rip off for $50 but if it's for a complicated design then I could understand. There's alot of mixed feelings about this guy but IDK.. Was there a long wait time? I heard it was like a month or 2 wait for one of his designs.
Seems that any designer has his fans and critics... Interesting thread on another site I found... not the only one out there either...

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/general-car-audio-discussion/119400-pwk-end-all-all-box-designs.html

I'm pretty sure I'd be flattered with this much discussion about my work... lol

He got back to me within a day.. Had my design ready within 48hrs.. Gave me two designs for the price of one.

The v-notch behaves as the high tune side of a 6th order parallel.. Improving laminar flow through my ski opening..

Yeaaa buddy! This guy is a mad scientist lol. I feel like this 2nd design would be better for your ski port opening.. We're all excited to hear your results man. Keep us posted. Some of us believe there's gonna be cancellation but it could really depend. best of luck to u

The kids wanted to help paint..
a7e3030e88377a1bc736e769c1762efb.jpg

Deff. a unique design with finishing touches
I think it turned out very nice and Clean. Im hoping it sounds very well and performs to your needs/ expectations.

[quote name='Wiz Khalifla_85']He got back to me within a day.. Had my design ready within 48hrs.. Gave me two designs for the price of one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
yeah i'd like to hear that one.. u should see the switchable 4th to 6th order @Buck on here came up with very cool..

your box looks great i think i woulda played it few weeks to be sure i liked it before doing that that though.. mine is still plan wood lol..

your box looks great i think i woulda played it few weeks to be sure i liked it before doing that that though.. mine is still plan wood lol..
If the subs we here I’d prolly throw em in and test 1st.

But bc they’ve been on backorder I figured I’d start painting..

Hope it all works out.

Peter Kulicki usually does good designs so I'm sure it will work. But traditionally I wouldnt ever put port and sub opposite. Unless It was like in a crx hatchback in which the cabin is so small cancellation doesn't have time to happen
Kuliki is still alive? Thought he dropped off the face of the planet.

Why port and subs opposite? That's likely to have cancellation issues in my experience
That will entirely depend on the vehicle and position of the box in the vehicle. No way to know without testing really. I've had fine results with subs forward and port back in a trunk.

Really my bigger concern is the labyrinth port. That is definitely not optimum efficiency.

Good work, OP.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.