Dante's 7 cu.ft. SQL Enclosure! [ Worklog ] [PICS]

just a note:eek:n something i read on an article of one of those home and mobile entertainment magazines. dont know which, but im sure some where on the net you can find an article about it.

those 45* angles inside the eclosure dont help on a subwoofer enclosure.

theyre used in enclosures for like midrange freqs and up. on a sub enclosures they only help if used inside the port to help direct the air and smoth out the posibility of port noise. other then that they are just taking up space. oh well they may help strengthen the corners and keep them from coming apart.

They do add some strength. That's the only reason I use em' . Well that and it makes pretty corners no one will ever see //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

just a note:eek:n something i read on an article of one of those home and mobile entertainment magazines. dont know which, but im sure some where on the net you can find an article about it.

those 45* angles inside the eclosure dont help on a subwoofer enclosure.

theyre used in enclosures for like midrange freqs and up. on a sub enclosures they only help if used inside the port to help direct the air and smoth out the posibility of port noise. other then that they are just taking up space. oh well they may help strengthen the corners and keep them from coming apart.
I dont agree with that it helps the flow of air better, example your driving a car and hit a brick wall, youd come to a complete stop, if you hit a curved wall your car will still be going, just a little example of how the air will act inside the enclosure plus i gained some dbs by cornering //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

egg

honestly, i looked all over home depot for this stupid rod before and couldnt find it. How does it exactly look? and is there any specific one i need to get?

-dante

I've only been through the whole local home depot store once.It ***** compared to lowes.

But, it was close by the "tool world".I want to say it was on the isle with chains but I'm not sure.

It'll be a little display.It should be a metal rack with lots of different sizes and lengths.

I dont agree with that it helps the flow of air better, example your driving a car and hit a brick wall, youd come to a complete stop, if you hit a curved wall your car will still be going, just a little example of how the air will act inside the enclosure plus i gained some dbs by cornering //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
egg

hmmm im wondering if i should go for the corner piece. u guys recommend putting it on all 4 corners??

egg
i dont think you understud what i posted.

i meant that a 45* angle in side the port is "good" , because it helps the air flowing in and out of the port keeps turbulance down to a minimum and thus decreasing port noise and increasing slot port performance.

adding 45* angles to the box it self like on this picture by the subs
img12653io.th.jpg

makes apsolutly no sence. it will not help direct the air in any way. it just adds strength to those corners.

i dont think you understud what i posted. i meant that a 45* angle in side the port is "good" , because it helps the air flowing in and out of the port keeps turbulance down to a minimum and thus decreasing port noise and increasing slot port performance.

adding 45* angles to the box it self like on this picture by the subs
img12653io.th.jpg

makes apsolutly no sence. it will not help direct the air in any way. it just adds strength to those corners.
must of made some sense cause hours of testing with and without it, it added tenths of a db and TL dont lie.

egg

Oh geez...finally done foo

maybe when i go down to TC again you can show dalucifer and I the wooferage.

Or maybe have a meet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

heres a pic of what it looks like //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

egg
What's up with your box? there's a port there, but there's no port opening. Also... your sub cutouts aren't leveled. I know its not done, but it's not your typical ported enclosure recipe. I'm not bagging on your box, I'm just wondering.

Oh geez...finally done foomaybe when i go down to TC again you can show dalucifer and I the wooferage.

Or maybe have a meet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

hahah yea i know huh. been lagging forever, just been so busy...

-dante

must of made some sense cause hours of testing with and without it, it added tenths of a db and TL dont lie.
egg
instead of waisting your time testing those so called 45* angles made out of 1" or 2" pvc pipes. it would of made more sence to actualy add more bracing to the enclosure other then that single rod.

you can gain a 10th by just moving the enclosure slightly from the previous position.

i really doubt that that little bit of pvc curb you call a 45*angle will make a change on how the air flows.

im not going to debate this subject since is realy insignificant when it comes to enclosure performance.

i respect your thoughts about it, billions of people use it. but I on the other hand have done my own research and feel diffrent about those 45* angles. i say again i will only use them inside the port.

sorry dante for disturving your thread.

laters

What's up with your box? there's a port there, but there's no port opening. Also... your sub cutouts aren't leveled. I know its not done, but it's not your typical ported enclosure recipe. I'm not bagging on your box, I'm just wondering.
well maybe because it wasnt done at the time the pic was done;) didnt level them because sub and port placement is essential in SPL do some research and testing than youll find out.

instead of waisting your time testing those so called 45* angles made out of 1" or 2" pvc pipes. it would of made more sence to actualy add more bracing to the enclosure other then that single rod.
you can gain a 10th by just moving the enclosure slightly from the previous position.

i really doubt that that little bit of pvc curb you call a 45*angle will make a change on how the air flows.

im not going to debate this subject since is realy insignificant when it comes to enclosure performance.

i respect your thoughts about it, billions of people use it. but I on the other hand have done my own research and feel diffrent about those 45* angles. i say again i will only use them inside the port.

sorry dante for disturving your thread.

laters
Actually if you read any of the before posts the corners on the back wall I used bendi wood, the pvc and spray in foam helps support the bendi wood from flexin but i dont know ive only did hours, hours of tests.

Actually if you read any of the before posts the corners on the back wall I used bendi wood, the pvc and spray in foam helps support the bendi wood from flexin but i dont know ive only did hours, hours of tests.
you know what youre right adding 45* angles to the enclosure help add a 10th of a db on the Tl. not only adds strength but makes the enclosure that much louder. you should also add 45* to the top and bottom edges as well, maybe then youll add 1db. to your enclosure on the TL , i mean if it helps on the vertical edges of the enclosure use them on the horizontal edges of the enclosure aswell. but im sure you all ready spent hours and hours testing that too. right.

what other tests have you done to enclosures that makes them that much better or louder. i see you resined the inside of the enclosure on that picture. how many more db did that add. or did you noticed that it makes the enclosure more resonant then without it.? just wondering.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.