Current Company List

I have a review for Tweeter:

I went in there to listen to some speakers and check their prices. The prices are high (normal for car audio shops). The sales staff eithor tried to rip me off, or just don't know their stuff. They said I needed a 1000 watt JL amp to power two subs that JL list as needing only 300 watts a piece. When I pointed this out in the JL book that is sitting in their store, he said those are not really accurate and they would sound better with 500 watts each... I didn't bother mentioning that JL would void the warranty at that wattage.

I bought everything online and paid about half what they sell their stuff for. I went back to get the stuff installed. They tried to sell me a 15 Farad Cap for a 1300 wattt system??? I did not get the cap, but I did have them do the install. The install was fairly expensive, but they did a solid job. They also offer a good guarentee to go along with the install.

All in all, they work on commission and it shows. Some of the sales people are very knowledgable, but I would not say everyone in there knows their stuff. The installation was good, they will fix any mistakes they make, but you have to know enough to point those mistakes out to them.

My 2 cents.

My Brother and I have dealt with a handful of companies and most were good experiences.

1) http://www.mcminone.com were very good prices are ok but definately not the best. They are similar to parts express but are more tech oeiented.

2) I have also used parts express with good results.

3) caraudioexpert.com screwed me but good.. I ordered a Sanyo excidio (sp) deck 4 years ago and the cd player quit working and wouldnt eject the cd. I finally got my cd out without ruining the deck and sent it back. which they sat on for 2 months b4 sending me another one or so I think.. only the next deck was B-stock and wound up having similar issues. They have a no refund policy it was exchange only. so when that deck started having similar problems I circular filed it and told everyone that I know who shops online to avoid them.

4) The Zeb has been outstanding and will continue to shop with them.

5) Carmedia1 has also been good I have used them numerous times. though customer service is a bit slow to rectify some minor issues they do take care you.

6) My brother went through woofersetc. and had no problems whatsoever.

7) buyloud.com sold my brother an amp and a set of speakers and neither shipped nor did customer service ever contact him. They would not return email or phone calls so I put them in the plague file.

That is pretty much all for me. good luck.

Mike

ONE GOOD PLACE TO ORDER FROM IS CMTTRADING.COM BUT I DID HAVE ON TIME WHEN I ORDERED SOME AUDIOBAHN SUBS AND WHEN I CHECKED OUT IT SAID THAT MY ORDER WAS NOT PROCESS. SO I ORDER FROM SOUTHAUDIO.COM AND ABOUT A WEEK LATER THE SUBS FROM CMTTRADING SHOW UP. NOW I HAVE 4 12s AND NO MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT.I SENT THEM BACK AND GOT MY MONEY BACK AND IN A WEEKS TIME. THE PLACE WHERE I HAVE BEEN SHOPPING AT LATELY IS SOUTHAUDIO.COM. IT IS A GOOD PLACE VERY SIMPLE YOU FIND WHAT YOU WANT AND BUY IT NO FLASH MEDIA OR SPECIAL EFFECTS. I LIKE THAT B/C I AM NOT BUYING YOUR WEBSITE I AM BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS AND IF THERE GOOD YOUR GOOD WITH ME. AND THEY HAVE COUPONS ALL THE TIME RIGHT NOW IS THIS ONE $10 OFF $ 100 OR MORE 1089352471 IS THE COUPON CODE.

ONE GOOD PLACE TO ORDER FROM IS CMTTRADING.COM BUT I DID HAVE ON TIME WHEN I ORDERED SOME AUDIOBAHN SUBS AND WHEN I CHECKED OUT IT SAID THAT MY ORDER WAS NOT PROCESS. SO I ORDER FROM SOUTHAUDIO.COM AND ABOUT A WEEK LATER THE SUBS FROM CMTTRADING SHOW UP. NOW I HAVE 4 12s AND NO MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT.I SENT THEM BACK AND GOT MY MONEY BACK AND IN A WEEKS TIME. THE PLACE WHERE I HAVE BEEN SHOPPING AT LATELY IS SOUTHAUDIO.COM. IT IS A GOOD PLACE VERY SIMPLE YOU FIND WHAT YOU WANT AND BUY IT NO FLASH MEDIA OR SPECIAL EFFECTS. I LIKE THAT B/C I AM NOT BUYING YOUR WEBSITE I AM BUYING YOUR PRODUCTS AND IF THERE GOOD YOUR GOOD WITH ME. AND THEY HAVE COUPONS ALL THE TIME RIGHT NOW IS THIS ONE $10 OFF $ 100 OR MORE 1089352471 IS THE COUPON CODE.
WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/waycrazy.gif.f4a380c3f94043939fd369defd9e6be2.gif CAPSLOCK BROKEN?

I bought my jbl 1200 from ikesound and when it started going out they acted like they didnt know what the word warranty was, and i pretty much had to take it to the local shop and TRY to get it fixed, but it eventually went out and i waisted 150bux tryin to get it fixed, emailed the company showed them the receipt for the stores screw up and got me a refurb.

ronny's stereo in eugene oregon. they are horrible. they incorrectly installed my 2 15" subs, a 4000 watt amp, a 4 channel 800 watt amp, 2 6x9s, and 2 4x6s. my stuff doesnt work and im planning on dying soon cuz when i drive i have sparks and all that stuff is over my gas tank on my 96 impala. so here it is now, if i blow up in ym car its ronny's stereo's fault.peace

CMTTrading.com - I don't even need to explain about these jack-asses. Go on ebay and see how many bad ratings they have from buyers. They literally will take your money, not send your product, and won't respond to your emails. They leave you 1 customer service # that they NEVER answer. I had to sic mastercard on them to get my money back.
I have had good luck with CMTTrading.com through ebay. I have three caps from them and they all work great, and shipped quick. Then again this was a while ago, when they were much smaller.

Tweeter is awesome! They are a chain, but like any other chain, best buy and circuit city especially since most employees try to sell the most expensive stuff, and know very little about car audio. At first Circuit City was jerking me around when I tried to return an Infiity sub that broke a tinsel lead, and they refused to take it back. So I made a huge scene, and now I am like VIP. I went to return a set of subs (MTX) one was blown and the other wasnt, so they blew it for me, and I got my money back.

Last Thursday I ordered an amp from them. They are an eBay store. I called first to make sure that they had the amp in stock and would ship the same day. Since they are in CA I would probably get the amp on Friday. They said no problem, amp was in stock and it would go out on thursday. I ordered it at about 10:00 on thursday morning.

Friday - I request a tracking number since they didnt email it to me on Thurs. Turns out, UPS picked it up on Friday, not thurs. I called Naitonal Audio Center and they said that the ups driver picked it up on Thurs but HE probably didnt scan it until Fri. I said that was BS and Dan at National said he has proof. I told him to send me his "proof". I have him my fax number and he said it would take 10 min, then he would call me back. 2 hrs later, no fax, no call. So I called and he said his fax broke (whatever) and he would email it to me. I gave him my email address. No email by Monday morning, so I called. He said he wrote the email address down wrong so I gave it to him again. He emails me a scanned copy of my shipping label and the log sheet signed by the driver on Thurs. I called UPS and they said that the label wasn't printed until Friday. Now, how can he ship it on Thursday if he didnt print the shipping label until Friday?

So, after numerous lies by him, I asked him to refund me part of the shipping. I have not heard back from him. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

I think I will refuse shipment on the package and then have my cc company dispute the charges.

Do not order from http://www.nationalaudiocenter.com

His prices may be good, but he is a f***ing liar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.