CURIOUS: What makes one sub louder than another?

Amokie
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I've always been curious... what physically makes one subwoofer louder than another?

If you play a tone of 50hz, the sub moves in and out 50 times a second. That is true for EVERY sub that plays a 50hz tone. The only 2 factors that I can think of that will change the spl of a sub are surface area and excursion, because they would cause more of a displacement of air. But there are 10s louder that 18s and subs with less excursion louder than subs with greater excursion.

Could someone explain? Thanks.

But only if they have been good in their past sub life do the reincarnated subs get blessed with the DB's
Older CV Strokers were reincarnated as Funky Pups //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.