CT sound amps - Good or not ?!

JessyBoy86

Senior VIP Member
Seems like there are many different opinions on that. I've been recommended to get one of those but it seems that some of yall have horror stories to tell about them.

Are they good ? Great ? Or pure junk ?

Im looking for 4x200 or so for my front stage and just cant make up my mind on what i should get ! Everytime im recommended to get "x" model from "x" brand, i got dudes telling me they are good and others that they are crap.

Ive been looking around for gear for like...2 months now and i have to get something ASAP or imma get mad !

Thanks

Is anyone telling you Sundown 4ch's are junk? How about the dc 175.4? Heard bad things about Crescendo 1100.4?

What ct were you looking at? 125x4?

Is anyone telling you Sundown 4ch's are junk? How about the dc 175.4? Heard bad things about Crescendo 1100.4?
What ct were you looking at? 125x4?
Yeah, i was about to buy At125.4...and then i saw somewhere on this forum today that one dude fried 3 amps, big power monoblock ones. Another dude agreed that they were junk. They said they'd rather go for soundqubed...

Anyway, am i good with AT125.4 ?

Crescendo symphony seem impossible to get around here....out of stock everywhere. Can't find any alphard around Montreal neither.

It's very difficult here to get something else than the big brands like Alpine, Kicker etc...

Twisted 150.4, ampere 150.4, synergy 150.4, hell even the lanzar opti big 4ch are pretty solid. Id do any of those over the AT

Ct At series are good amps. If you're buyin new u get a warranty. How hard are u really gonna punish a 4 channel. Everyone's friend fried 3 ct amps. They probably all have the same friend. The twisted and synergy 150.4 look good though. Where were you Black Friday....coulda got all three of the amps of interest for cheaper. Hit up the ct dude on this forum and see if u can get a bro deal or hit up dude at droppinhz for the other makes

Yeah, i was about to buy At125.4...and then i saw somewhere on this forum today that one dude fried 3 amps, big power monoblock ones. Another dude agreed that they were junk. They said they'd rather go for soundqubed...
Anyway, am i good with AT125.4 ?

Crescendo symphony seem impossible to get around here....out of stock everywhere. Can't find any alphard around Montreal neither.

It's very difficult here to get something else than the big brands like Alpine, Kicker etc...
Their amps arent junk but their 4k rms and higher subwoofer monoblocks are. No board support. Their smaller amps work fine and hang with the rest. Lot of blind hate for them because of some scandal back then where the owner of CT screwed over a build house but thats years ago. Same sh*t with skar audio, people talk sh*t because of what happened in the past thats mainly due to the owner being a d*ck. Nothing actually substantial about performance.

So as long as you arent buying the 4000 watt or 7000 watt monoblock from CT, you are fine.

There's a guy close to me that clips the living crap out of his at 1400.1 and drops into the 10 volt range on his electrical for over a year and a half now. Amp and subs are still surviving I have NO idea how thats even possible.

Most of the blown amps are the older 4000 or 7000 which have minimal board support and these idiots love mounting their amps to their subwoofer box which is vibration central.

I believe SSA ships to canada, might cost more tho
I see that SSA have symphony 200.4 in stock ! i guess ill go for it ! since my C-DSP 6x8 is only 2V max, i might be short with only 125.4.... i wanna keep the input sensitivity to its minimum.

I was wondering, what can i expect in voltage out of the DSP if 2V is the max ? 1.5V maybe ? i don't know....

Say i have 1.5V out....if i want 125w out of a 125w channel to run my hv165xl, i need to set the sensitivity on the amp to 1.5V (roughly) so what are my chances of clipping if the input sensitivity range is from 6V to 200mV ?

I see that SSA have symphony 200.4 in stock ! i guess ill go for it ! since my C-DSP 6x8 is only 2V max, i might be short with only 125.4.... i wanna keep the input sensitivity to its minimum.
I was wondering, what can i expect in voltage out of the DSP if 2V is the max ? 1.5V maybe ? i don't know....

Say i have 1.5V out....if i want 125w out of a 125w channel to run my hv165xl, i need to set the sensitivity on the amp to 1.5V (roughly) so what are my chances of clipping if the input sensitivity range is from 6V to 200mV ?
http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=309378

My thread^

Lmk if u have any questions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

80prs/c-dsp scoped - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
My thread^

Lmk if u have any questions

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Good info, thanks !

So, if i understand this right, i need to find the max clean output level on my HU, set it to that point then level match on the DSP ? After that i find the max clean output of the DSP, set it there then adjust the gain on the amp ?

If the amp is 125w x 4 and i have 125w components i want to use to their full potential, i have to set the input sensitivity with the max clean output of the DSP, say 1.8V. At what point do i know that the amp could clip ?? if i had a better DSP with 4V max out, i would set the amp to 4V, the multiplier would be smaller thus reduces the chances of clipping. But typically, is there a point in the gain setting that i know that the amp would be clipping ? is it at 1/2 out, or 3/4 etc. I know it would be better to get a more powerful amp than the wattage i want my drivers to operate but could i still run this amp without clipping ?

Good info, thanks !
So, if i understand this right, i need to find the max clean output level on my HU, set it to that point then level match on the DSP ? After that i find the max clean output of the DSP, set it there then adjust the gain on the amp ?

If the amp is 125w x 4 and i have 125w components i want to use to their full potential, i have to set the input sensitivity with the max clean output of the DSP, say 1.8V. At what point do i know that the amp could clip ?? if i had a better DSP with 4V max out, i would set the amp to 4V, the multiplier would be smaller thus reduces the chances of clipping. But typically, is there a point in the gain setting that i know that the amp would be clipping ? is it at 1/2 out, or 3/4 etc. I know it would be better to get a more powerful amp than the wattage i want my drivers to operate but could i still run this amp without clipping ?
Gain setting is matching your output voltage of your source(headunit) to the input voltage of your amp. When you introduce a DSP into the mix. You change alot but basically you treat it as a second head unit. Send a dsp the max clean voltage from your head unit. Then adjust to the max volume on the dsp for a clean output. The C-dsp has a max clean output voltage of 1.88 volts. So you'd set your gain on your amps at 1.88 volts.

Use -3db test tones. Read my sig to understand gain settings. The only real way to know EXACTLY as where to set your gains is to use a oscilloscope

Gain setting is matching your output voltage of your source(headunit) to the input voltage of your amp. When you introduce a DSP into the mix. You change alot but basically you treat it as a second head unit. Send a dsp the max clean voltage from your head unit. Then adjust to the max volume on the dsp for a clean output. The C-dsp has a max clean output voltage of 1.88 volts. So you'd set your gain on your amps at 1.88 volts.
Use -3db test tones. Read my sig to understand gain settings. The only real way to know EXACTLY as where to set your gains is to use a oscilloscope
Well, i'm getting confused again....i know that the gain setting is actually input sensitivity and is meant to match output voltage to input. But what i thought, and what i've been told by others is that the more you turn up the gain, the more you are likely to clip, no matter what input voltage you have.

i'd have to find the thread but i was saying that i planned to buy C-DSP. Someone told me, can't remember who : '' I strongly suggest you to get a DSP with higher output voltage so you won't need to get a bigger amp to keep the gain as low as possible. If you have only 2V out of the DSP you will need to set the gain higher to reach the output you want and the amp might clip''

So , considering that he was wrong, ultimately, if i only have only 200mV out of the DSP, i could set the gain all the way up and the amp would not clip ? I'm only speaking theoriticaly here...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.