crutchfield quote for Alpine 9813/9815

Participant count
  • Participant list

parklife
10+ year member

i just bought alpine 9813 and plan to install it tomorrow. i read this quote from crutchfield.com

"Wiring Note: While providing high power output, this unit can draw a substantial amount of current. Per Alpine, this receiver's constant power wire must be connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery in your vehicle, and 10-gauge wire must be used to make the connection. This requires a length of 10-gauge power cable, an in-line fuse holder with a 20- to 30-amp fuse and a ring terminal (the ring terminal is used to connect the cable to the battery clamp). Although all the pieces of a basic amplifier wiring kit will not be not needed, if you do not wish to assemble the required items separately, the power wire and in-line fuse holder from a basic 10-gauge kit can be used to connect the constant power wire to your vehicle's battery. For a secure, permanent connection, the 10-gauge cable must be soldered to this receiver's 16-gauge constant power wire."

mmm....now i'm confused //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif. i had the 10 gauge power cable and i'm gonna solder it to the coil...is it cool?

what is the "coil" you are taking about. Also you only need a 20 amp fuse if that is all your running.

Choke coil...thats what my manual say, the small box for the HU power, you know what i'm talking about? and yeah i had 25 amp fuse on it!

i just finish install it with 10 gauge wire straight to the choke coil and goes to the HU...sounds AMAZING, all my road noise gone....

but still can figure out the menu..well i'll continue read my manual

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.