crossover or EQ

Participant count
  • Participant list

tyronekndrck
10+ year member

should i buy a equalizer or crossover for my setup. I have subs and mids running to separate amps and my issue is after increasing the bass a bit on my head unit it also add bass to my mids while i only want in coming from the sub. my goal is to buy either a crossover or eq to tune my bass only for the sub. which one would me suitable for this

Id run a preamp EQ, gives you all kinds of adjustments at your fingertips for tuning /dialing in for about the same price as an external crossover.I run one of these at times and generally swap between my Kicker KQ9.But this one works quite well.You can find a Clarion a bit cheaper

Earthquake Sound EQ 7000PXI 7 Band Equalizer with Volume Subwoofer Level Control | eBay

You can tune everything at your finger tips installed in the dash.

Newer Clarions have come out with an Aux input on the face plate compared to the older cheaper unitsClarion EQS746 1 2 DIN 7 Band Graphic EQ Equalizer with Built in Crossover | eBay..

New units

New Clarion EQS755 7 Band Graphic Equalizer Crossover 8V RCA Outputs Aux Input | eBay

May as well get a preamp EQ to clean all your mids, highs, and have sub control all in one unit for the money to clean up/enhance all your music at your finger tips for the money spent
cool hanks i actually just checked out and bought the clarion eq.

It should do what you want and some..You will need one short RCA connection..like 6" or 1'-0..shorter the better..Be One set from HU to input for EQ, then the RCAs that are behind the HU will be placed on the EQ to sub,Mids, Highs to amplifier,so look for a short set of RCAs that will go from the HU to the EQ input,and that should be all you need

I think you will be very happy with it, and being a 7 band will give you alot more tuning capabilities to really clean up all of your music,and have alot more control tuning at your finger tips.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.