• Participant list

sosoro

RO
Hello,

My car audio:

- KENWOOD BT8044UY, HU

- DLS CA41, AMP

The front speakers(2way speakers) - from HU

The rear speakers(3way speakers, with "multipule component crossover network") - from AMP (RCA preoutpu, 4V)

The rear subwoofer - from AMP (RCA preoutpu, 4V)

I have some questions (I'm new in car audio):

1. The rear speakers don't need a crossover from HU or from AMP, because they have "crossover network" (term from specification). It's correct?

2. For front speakers the crossover will be made by HU. Which is better for subwoofer? To use the HU crossover or to use the AMP crossover?

3. Time alignment settings from HU is not affected by the AMP?

4. Should I use Grand Bass option from by AMP?

That's all for now. Thank you.

1. Yes, if the rears have a crossover built in you should run those amp channels full range.

2. If I were you I'd just use the crossover on the HU because then you can adjust it from the car and not have to go to the trunk.

3. Correct

4. Seems to me like its just a bass boost feature. I wouldnt use it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.