crossover final impedance

Participant count
  • Participant list

blazeplacid
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
DFW texas
i just picked up some image Dynamics CX62 and currently have some soft dome LPG tweeters.

Im using a CDT 560i crossover till I can find a head unit that will do active.

my question is, the CX62 are 2 ohm and the tweeter is 6ohm.

what will be the final impedance?

Is the crossover wired in series inside or is it parallel?

I tried to google it but didnt find anything.

Impedance varies with frequency. The amp will see 2 ohms for the midrange frequencies then slightly more than 2 ohms for the tweeters, the reason for the increase has nothing to do with the extra tweeters, but the tweeter padding in the crossover, free air resonance of the drivers, and voice coil inductance. Note that you don't want to use crossovers that weren't made for the tweeter, especially if the tweeter impedance is different, different impedance = different crossover frequency.

I have impedance plots of those ID speakers I will post up.

IDCX62_comp_R.jpg

Im trying to figure out which amp to use.

I have a Rockford 300.2 that will run 2 ohm stereo and I also have an eclipse 4 chan that is 4ohm min bridged.

Im thinking I will run the rockford

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.