Crossover confusion with amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jayyGT

Canada
Hey guys!

I got a question about the setup of the previous owner of the car i just bought,

He has an aftermarket deck (nothing special) and it seems that everything (all speakers etc) is wired to a Crossover, Which has an output that has two audio cables (red and white males).

There is NO sound coming out of the car as it sits. The owner said it needs an amp for sound to play?

I'm no expert at all with car audio and am confused to how this is setup. There is wiring from the car battery to the back (sub wiring? or amp?). will the amp power all my speakers? (not just a sub?)

Can somebody please better explain this to me? I'm lost and don't want to spend money on stuff i don't need! Thanks!!

-Jay

There should be three sets of RCA outs on the crossover/processor. Need to know exactly what it is, though so if you can get a make and model number that would help and pics would be even better.

He may have only left one RCA cable but as I said above, there should be more. And yes, an amplifier needs to be connected to it for you to get sound. Possible more than one amp or, one four or five channel amp.

Are there any speaker cables laying near the amp wiring you see?

All that i can see... Is a powersource from the battery to the trunk (thick red cable) And then the crossover has all the speakers wired into it. There is only one set of RCA cables connected to the crossover and they are just loose in the back seat.

The crossover is under the passenger's seat so it's not the easiest to get a good look at it because it's tight there from all the wiring!

If i'm going to need a amplifier, is there any specific type or anything i need? The car has aftermarket speakers and tweeters. And i have a decent sub with box from a buddy. I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on this either at this time. more interested in getting it to work.

Thanks for the help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.