CRD Mazda CX-7 SQ Install

yea i might have to get me some if they're still that cheap wen im buyin amps
The crutchfield price was $179 they're at $55 because they're in clearance but this special have been on for only 2 months, I bought the last 4 crutchfield had last week and the other left are at midwestelectronics they have thermal throttle feature wich is great , plus they come with a bass gain wired remote. They are also THIN series. they come with end plastic caps but I won't use them.

I received the 8" touchscreen monitor today and I started the measurements.

Here is the Monitor bezel, Schoche double din kit, and OEM radio bezel. I won't touch the OEM bezel at all, I will only work with the scoche kit and monitor bezel, I need to cut and weld the bezel to the scoche kit.

1003433mediumke7.jpg

Here is another picture checking fitment.

1003435mediumit1.jpg

Monitor in pieces

1003436mediumgr3.jpg

Other update is the fitment of the Dayton RS28 tweeters on the door panels, I already had holes made for some pioneer tweeters and Thank GOD I have the space to put them there, I will use some bezels from some old tweeters and wrap them with speaker black cloth and put them in front of the tweeter to cover the rought edges of the hole.

1003448mediumth6.jpg

1003450mediumsi6.jpg

1003451mediumod6.jpg

Lookin' good man. Blaupunkt is not bad equipment at all, they used to be put in all the Mercedez-Benz back in the day. If you get a second battery the cap is honestly pointless, you don't need a huge battery or something just a kinetik 600/800 or a batcap 800 and you'll be fine. You also don't need a relay or anything either to isolate them from the rest of the system.

I still cant belive these things have 3rd row seats!
The CX-7 doesn' have third row seats, only the CX-9 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I like the current 3-way setup a lot. I would sell the Blaupuknt and go all Dayton and throw a couple of the RS subs in there.
Actually I forgot to mention that I decided to go with the 4-way setup and only 1 sub.

Here is the layout, the subwoofer can be the Premier or 1 Blauppunkt, or maybe a Dayton. Don't know yet.

soundsystemcustompi5cushq1.jpg

I wouldnt mind takin a look around, and hearing this thing when it's done..
Where are you located in Orlando?
Right now I'm living in Winter Garden, and moving to Orlando in 2 weeks, Clarcona Rd, Pine Hills rd area

Another update, I bought a cheap sound deadening Peel & Seal 36" x 33.5' Roll used to seal roofs, paid $80 for the roll at Lowe's. I know it have been used before in cars and I really like how it molds. I'm gonna have a busy weekend //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif . I just don't see my self buying dynamat prices.

Dynamat $8.25 per square feet (circuit city 4 sheets 12"x36") for $100

Peel & Seal $0.80 cents per square feet (lowes 36"x33.5') for $80

I really like the rubberish feel, no sticky / blacky fingers

0221093.JPG

peelseal001largeif4.jpg

Right now I'm living in Winter Garden, and moving to Orlando in 2 weeks, Clarcona Rd, Pine Hills rd area

Crime Hills? ah!

Lemme know when you're around, I wanna take a peek when it's all done

Crime Hills? ah!
Lemme know when you're around, I wanna take a peek when it's all done
Hahahaha Yeap I'm going to live with my grandparents for a few months on the upper area of pine hills,so far no problems in my neighborhood, until I buy a house around december //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. Just saving rent $$$ for the downpayment.

I used some of that roof sealant from lowes in my ranger, it's not really that great. Doesnt stick that well, didnt hold up on vertical surfaces for me really at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.