Couple questions- Bass knobs, connecting lithium battery and epicenter

sangean
10+ year member

NY
I finally got my setup running last june, but my car broke down on the way to Slamology, so I never made it to the contest. Now I need help ironing out some kinks in the setup, but first here are some pics so you know what I got.

2 Sundown sia-3500 monoblock amps
4 Sundown x-12 4 ohms
370 amp alternator
SSA Lithium battery

64386750127__BDEBAF5D-86B3-4A2A-BF1F-9062B0D50017.JPG

Dadgummit!!

I bought this car at auction and the previous owner didn't take care of it. I dunno why I was surprised when the suspension crapped out on me. Glad I was able to fix it at the hotel using walmart tools. The car cost me a third of the audio equipments' price haha (not including repairs).

Here are my questions:
1. Bass knobs- I have a bass knob for each amp in my dash. However, I don't like them. When I turn them up, it sometimes makes the audio quieter. As far as I know, the bass knobs adjust the percentage set by gain on the amp. They make the audio worse when I am trying to bump, but I do like to be able to mute the bass when I listen to a talk show. It seems like I get more bass and better sound without them connected. Should I leave them connected?

2. I have a second battery- the SSA lithium battery- in the trunk. I have 2 runs of zero gauge OFC wire from the engine bay to the lithium battery in the trunk. I only connected one so far. I connected one from the car battery to the lithium battery. The amps connect to the lithium battery.

I am not sure if I should connect the second run of wire to the alternator or the car battery, like the first cable. I have heard both ways. Again, this run is powering the lithium battery, like the first.

I don't want to buy an isolator for the lithium battery. I don't see the point.

3. My last question is how would you recommend setting up the epicenter? It has a knob and two knobs on the unit- wide and sweep. My box is 32hz- I am not sure what the rca outputs are from the sia-3500, but there is an adjustment for that. Do you know where I would adjust the knobs for the epicenter with my sound system?

4. Bonus question: The lithium battery is grounded to the car frame. Does it matter if the amp grounds connect to the battery or do they have to be connected directly to the frame? It sounds ok with the amps just connected to the lithium battery that grounds to the frame.

Thanks for reading. Currently replacing the power steering pump and a valve cover gasket, but hope to have the town car running and sounding better than before!

Attachments

• 64428631947__E5107CB4-3455-4689-98C9-6709737F1C2E.JPG
    64428631947__E5107CB4-3455-4689-98C9-6709737F1C2E.JPG
    536.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I don't know exactly, but I set the gain with a multimeter. I would prefer not to have the bass knobs, i think they **** up the sound

so amps without bass/gain knobs sound better? How, please explain this is news to me
Forum smartass, I didn't say that's news. I am saying they do not increase the audio volume linearly, and the music sounds better by setting the amps alone. F<ck you for wasting my time.

For everyone else, answer the questions. I don't have time for the ********. I am not building a wall for this car, the box meets specs and I just need to figure out a couple things for my install. Once I am finished this car will hit 150 easy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...