Correctly setting subsonic filter

Participant count
  • Participant list
Is there a way to accurately set my subsonic filter with a digital multimeter?
Trying to eyeball where I want to be when there isn't any numbers between off and 50hz.
what's the port tuned at? just set it about where 3-5hz below port tuning is, play it see how that sounds u can turn it down until u hear some distortion or bottoming and turn back up some..

set it 2/3 towards 50hz and play the lowest music you listen to (i wouldnt recommend anything under ~25) and back it down until you hear bottoming out

you're just going to have to do it by ear and adjust it if you hear it sounding flat or bottoming out

set it 2/3 towards 50hz and play the lowest music you listen to (i wouldnt recommend anything under ~25) and back it down until you hear bottoming out
you're just going to have to do it by ear and adjust it if you hear it sounding flat or bottoming out
Should I do it with a 25hz test tone?

Belva bb2000dv2, 3.65cuft tuned to 31hz, fu750v2.0 15
Tune it to 28, there should be a noticeable difference. On your headunit you sub frequency should be tuned to double the specified FS/Fz or close if not tuned properly, after u Dail it in there should be a huge difference.
Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Should I do it with a 25hz test tone?
thats a good start and something ive done myself, try that out. play it at 25hz and leave it full open, as in knob full left, then rotate it up, once you hear the tone significantly lessen in volume try it out there. if your music doesnt bottom or flatten out you can slowly drop the subsonic. dont be afraid to do it slowly, over time to be safe

Belva bb2000dv2, 3.65cuft tuned to 31hz, fu750v2.0 15
if it's really at 31 hz i mean u are sure even after sub disp and bracing i doubt u even need ss, unless u just riding around playing 25hz tones all the time.. set it at 1/2 way and check it that has to be close to 25hz, go up or down a tad.. hows that fu sound man? i'm trying to get a box made may order a 12..

if it's really at 31 hz i mean u are sure even after sub disp and bracing i doubt u even need ss, unless u just riding around playing 25hz tones all the time.. set it at 1/2 way and check it that has to be close to 25hz, go up or down a tad.. hows that fu sound man? i'm trying to get a box made may order a 12..
I'm still waiting for it lol I'm trying to get all my eggs in a row before I throw it in. The box is getting built on Saturday. I got a little DB Drive wdx 3k 8" I'm bumpin right now (1.3cuft @ 35hz)it gets low but I'm used to 15s and thus thing just isn't cutting it. It was only meant to be temporary anyways though so at least I got something till the FU gets here!

Edit: yes after all displacements (bracing, double baffle, 45s, sub, and port)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.