Convince me not to buy Kicker cvrs

srorobs
10+ year member

nj
Hey guys, I am currently looking to put 2 12's into my truck and was wondering if there is a better sub for the price than the Kicker Comp VR's. I already have an amp to push them, so I would be looking for subs that need the same power (400W each). They are going to be in a ported box and I would rather buy new than used. I haven't really kept up with new subs as far as non-mass market manufacturers recently so I don't know of any comparable sub. Any suggestions?

This is exactly what I had. 2 12" kicker comps in a ported box pushed by 800w (400 each) .1 pioneer amp.

Boom boom. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

I say go for it man, these are definetly an uder-rated sub.

Mine were in a 93 Mitsubishi Eclipse Hatchback, sounded great. The kinda SPL that makes your ears hurt, you can feel it deep in your chest, and on the long notes it vibrates your nose and lips to tickle. Also, I turned mine all the way up playing "Hey Lady" by obie trice and eminem (notorious for bass); my Rear-view mirror fell off. Oh, and I used to drive around super-market parking lots with these babies turned up...itd make everyone's car alarms go off...

So ya, lotta good memories with these woofers. Go for it...youll be glad. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

**** guys, thanks for the quick response. I would say my budget would be around $300 for both subs, but of course if there was something that was much better for a little more I would go for it. My last sub was an IDQ 12... so I am looking for something with a little more of a kick this time around.

cvrs are a poor mans spl sub. my friend has 2 on a abahn a8000t and they pound pretty hard, especially for the price. the thing i didnt like about them is they sounded really sloppy to me and didint blend well. you might wanna look at the new ascendant audio assassins. i have heard 4 8" older model assassins off 250wrms total and they were very clean sounding and got pretty loud. if i were you id get the assassins, i know they'd sound better and prolly get pretty close in spl to the kickers.

cvrs are a poor mans spl sub. my friend has 2 on a abahn a8000t and they pound pretty hard, especially for the price. the thing i didnt like about them is they sounded really sloppy to me and didint blend well. you might wanna look at the new ascendant audio assassins. i have heard 4 8" older model assassins off 250wrms total and they were very clean sounding and got pretty loud. if i were you id get the assassins, i know they'd sound better and prolly get pretty close in spl to the kickers.
They're meant for spl anyways hence the name very radical bass aka cvr, i've used the 2003 line and was impressed got loud the sq was...alright, then i have used the 2006 line of them, were okay, just watch the bass boost on em:crazy:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

srorobs

10+ year member
srorobs
nj
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from