Confused with line ou t converters

Participant count
  • Participant list

npcout
10+ year member

PA
So i just bought a 2015 honda fit. I am leaving the OEM system in place. It is a lease that I will prolly keep, but I want to leave it because of all its functions. The whole car works off of the main unit.

Sorry guys, I hit submit and it wont let me delete it.

Anyways, I am keeping my OEM system in my 2015 honda fit. I want to get a 4 channel and mono amp. I am looking at line out converters, Kicker Front Row ZXDSP1 (12ZXDSP1) Digital Signal Processor.

These get installed, before the amp.. correct?

Initially I was looking at 2 rca cables, one for the fronts, and one for the rears that would get Y adaptors to the sub.

If i use the line output converter, do I still need to run the two RCAs? I've never dealt with a line out, i've always had an aftermarket unit with front/rear/sub rca outputs.

I am also considering the MS8 but the price is pushing me away.

With that processor you have options.

Look specifically at page 4 and page 7 of the manual here. http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/206/2062ZXDSP1_DL.PDF

Then read the entire manual. It should answer all your questions.

The Kicker accepts low or high level inputs. You should be able to use the OEM signal before or after the amplifier. Often it is easier to use the output of the factory amplifier because the wires are easier to get to.

And to be clear, you should not need line out converters with the Kicker DSP - it will accept high level inputs directly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.