component speakers and passive or active crossovers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

moturbopar
10+ year member

az
Hi, all. I have been trying to figure out what would be the best setup for my component speakers. The speakers are infinity 6000cs they come with there own passive crossover, but am worried about the tunning abilities with these x-overs. The tweeters can be wired full or -3dbs for the tweeters. I am thinking that I might be better off using my active crossover for the speakers and using seperate amp for the tweeters and the mids. this would give me alot more flexability for tuning. I am thinking of using my orion 230 for the tweeters and my orion 702 for the mids. The other problem I am worried about are the speaker impeadence. The components are 4ohm as a system, but what are they as seperates? are they 2 maybe 8 ohm? Or are the speakers each 4 ohms and the infinity crossover make them both into 4 ohm using resistorsor something? I dont know if anyone here has an answer to any of these questions but if you have any please let me know.

Thanks

Shawn

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.