Completely redoing system for new car - Opinions/advice?

2 ho 10s would be fine for that. They have good upper end midbass extension as well as low end. Feed them plenty of power though, 1500 watts rms. If you are going sealed
Thanks again Jeff; I'm going to order it all soon and I'll let you know how it turns out. I appreciate your help!

Just wanted to say nice car. You get the 3.8 or turbo 4? I was really wanting one for a while.
Thanks. For the 2015 models they got rid of the turbo 4 and only offer the GDI 3.8. I'm loving the car so far; I have just over 4k miles on it (Just made my first payment... I really drove too much last month) and it's been a very fun daily. It seems that not a lot of people really know what the car is... when I bought it I had people asking if it was really a Hyundai, and now since I rebadged with the Genesis Coupe wing emblems I get people guessing at a Porsche or Maserati... a lot of people think I'm joking when I say Hyundai lol. Then again, it could just be my area... people here tend to only really know about the "mainstream" things, and are always clueless when anything out of the norm is mentioned.

I agree with what jeff is saying. Ported can actually have less distortion than sealed and requires less power too. I can vouch for the dayton HO 10's as I've been running it for the past 4 months or so. They do excellent in .7 cu ft each ported. They're rated at 600w but you don't really need all of it if you run ported. Very clean and articulate sub. Can't go wrong for the money. I guess for your music tastes, sealed can work. I understand you have very limited space requirements so this sub would be perfect for you. These subs honestly do better in ported though because the low end is lacking without it. If you don't care to have more low end depth, then sealed would work. These subs are still very punchy even with ported so don't be scared!
oh yea.. nice car btw lol
Thanks for your input, it looks like I'm definitely going with the HO's. I'll take some better measurements and look into the possibility of porting them; the (very) rough measurements are 11.5x9x35 (HxDxL) to sit flush in the pass-through which should give me roughly 1.4 cu ft to play with, but with the sub displacement and port that'd probably cut the 0.7 cu/ft ea too short. I should be able to gain some more height, but haven't looked into it yet... I can remove the spare, and the dealer for some reason had the standard flooring, the upgraded carpeted trunk mat, AND the upgraded rubber cargo mat all installed.

Q12, big sealed box
Q12 - Fi Car Audio Store

look into Image Dynamics for speakers, whatever your budget is... https://www.woofersetc.com/c-40-65.aspx?manufacturerid=36
With some new constraints of mine I will only be able to fit 10's, but thanks for the suggestion!

In regards to the ID speakers, the CTX-6.5cs's would be the ones in my price range. How do you think these compare to the Polk MM6501's? I prefer something less harsh (or bright), and so far from what I've read when people compare the two sets it seems to lean towards the Polk's being less fatiguing.

I have a 12" Fi Q for sale if you're interested OP. It's a pretty heavy sub though. Idk if you're worried about weight.

Ok nevermind, looks like you found what you're looking for.

If you really want SQ, you'd go custom T-line enclosure, and rockford subs and SQ do not go in the same equation, but i'm guessing you want a full rockford setup. P3s will do better in a ported enclosure if you want that deep bass. Properly designed ported boxes can be just as accurate as sealed and sound better all around with more low end extension. If you really want to keep to sealed, you might want to throw more power to them or make the box a bit bigger then manufacturer's specs.
In the future if you really want sound quality, stop changing around speakers and get a Digital Sound Processor like a jbl ms8 or audison bit ten. It'll make the biggest improvement in sound quality. Most double din head units are "toy" units with minimal proper processing. A good signal/source is what makes your whole system sounds good.
I just personally demoed some p3's in a sealed enclosure and thought the SQ was as good or better compared to much of whats on the market. Very tight and accurate with great spl. how are these subs not as good as others in sealed apps?

I just personally demoed some p3's in a sealed enclosure and thought the SQ was as good or better compared to much of whats on the market. Very tight and accurate with great spl. how are these subs not as good as others in sealed apps?
It's all subjective really.. Everyone talks crap about RF lately because of their tricky marketing schemes, which makes them untrustworthy. They're no longer the company they used to be and their quality has gone down a lot since the old days. I'm sure the p3's sound just fine in a sealed but it can do better in a ported for sure. It can be just as tight and accurate as a sealed, and have better output if the enclosure is properly designed.

It's all subjective really.. Everyone talks crap about RF lately because of their tricky marketing schemes, which makes them untrustworthy. They're no longer the company they used to be and their quality has gone down a lot since the old days. I'm sure the p3's sound just fine in a sealed but it can do better in a ported for sure. It can be just as tight and accurate as a sealed, and have better output if the enclosure is properly designed.
What's the potential problem with there stuff?

What's the potential problem with there stuff?
Well, I did hear a lot of talk about their amps getting too hot and breaking easily in another thread. Everyone was saying they lie about everything now to get you to buy their stuff which has turned off a lot of people.. I don't know if it's true or not but I wouldn't be surprised.

Then this video was brought to my attention and then it really made me think..

Granted, it's not a p3 but it makes me question their whole line. Don't get me wrong though, I used to be the biggest RF fan and ran all RF at one point.. They actually made great products back then and they underrated their stuff too. I have a feeling they took a lot of shortcuts for profit in these new products but I'm not entirely sure as I don't run their equipment anymore.. I realized that there's better out there for the money.. They're overpriced and the quality just isn't up to par anymore.. I just wouldn't consider them in my next build unless they make some big changes for the good. This is based on my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

Well, I did hear a lot of talk about their amps getting too hot and breaking easily in another thread. Everyone was saying they lie about everything now to get you to buy their stuff which has turned off a lot of people.. I don't know if it's true or not but I wouldn't be surprised.
Then this video was brought to my attention and then it really made me think..

This is very interesting to me. I had some Polk mm's and the motors were extra small on them as well, and I've heard that Kicker at some point used small motors. Some people as soon as they see small motors on their subs assume that there junk. I'm not sure if that is absolutely the case. The thielle small parameters may have changed and therefore motor structure requirements have changed as well. I personally would listen to the subs first before a write off because I loved my MM's. However it does seem like RF is trying to cover up that fact of the small motor.

This is very interesting to me. I had some Polk mm's and the motors were extra small on them as well, and I've heard that Kicker at some point used small motors. Some people as soon as they see small motors on their subs assume that there junk. I'm not sure if that is absolutely the case. The thielle small parameters may have changed and therefore motor structure requirements have changed as well. I personally would listen to the subs first before a write off because I loved my MM's. However it does seem like RF is trying to cover up that fact of the small motor.
cheap motors = less motor force. They aren't junk, they just **** for their price. Compare a rockford p3 to an american bass XFL 12 and you'll see a midget standing next to a linebacker.

RF bashing at it's finest. Assumptions and theory based on looks and price. Midget next to a linebacker? Slightly exaggerated? Did that midget ever live at a roadside flea market? Was that linebacker designed, engineered, and tested by a reputable company or was it just a pile of copied parts from generic build houses with slightly lower standards for QC? @Jeffdachef , you're an idiot. I've seen you spout off some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever read. The problem is you don't what it is your regurgitating. You're using other peoples knowledge for blanket statements to make it seem like you know what's going on. You don't know shit. Those that do can see it plain as daylight. You don't have to post on every thread. In fact, it would be more helpful to others if you didn't.

[quote name='Snapper_Slapper']RF bashing at it's finest. Assumptions and theory based on looks and price. Midget next to a linebacker? Slightly exaggerated? Did that midget ever live at a roadside flea market? Was that linebacker designed, engineered, and tested by a reputable company or was it just a pile of copied parts from generic build houses with slightly lower standards for QC? @Jeffdachef , you're an idiot. I've seen you spout off some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever read. The problem is you don't what it is your regurgitating. You're using other peoples knowledge for blanket statements to make it seem like you know what's going on. You don't know shit. Those that do can see it plain as daylight. You don't have to post on every thread. In fact, it would be more helpful to others if you didn't.[/QUOTE]

Besides you being a little piece of shit of a pimple on my ass, with your "I'm fking better then you and "you dont know shit attitude" You have made no helpful contributions, provided any worth a damn information wise. There has been minimal QC complaints about XFL subs, they are indeed generic designs but its a decent design and they are still well made. If they paid to get klippel tested, they probably would not be at the price point they are at right now. There is no doubt rockford is cutting corners with their entry level lines, Compare the P3 to their old HX2 line back then. Just because a sub looks prettier nowadays does not mean its as good as what they were making back then.

Besides you being a little piece of shit of a pimple on my ass, with your "I'm fking better then you and "you dont know shit attitude"
To address that comment...I'm 6'6" 268 and have been installing for damn near 30 years. Come at me bitch. And why the hell would anyone compare a HX2 to a P3? That's pro line to entry level. Compare a HX2 to a T2. On output, not the looks you girls like to see, and then come back here and run your mouth. "There is no doubt rockford is cutting corners with their entry level lines"? More of your ignorance. Prove it or shut up!

Prove it or shut up!
The video that blazian87 posted was how the P1 sucks ass, theres another one about the P2. Big plastic magnet cover to make it look like its a beefy sub when its actually weak. If you dont think thats a misleading marketing tactic then you are just riding on rockfords left nuttsack way too hard. Along with their aluminium cone? seriously?

The video that blazian87 posted was how the P1 sucks ass, theres another one about the P2. Big plastic magnet cover to make it look like its a beefy sub when its actually weak. If you dont think thats a misleading marketing tactic then you are just riding on rockfords left nuttsack way too hard. Along with their aluminium cone? seriously?
How is that cutting corners? Does the sound or quality suffer from it? Fuck this. I'm out. It's always the same here. Stupid 2 year experienced know it alls come around every 2 or 3 months often overlapping and concurring with each other. Even if you stopped some other tard will just step in to fill your position because they just know things. Just take this one piece of advice Chef (Burger King?)...every time you post your ignorance, guys like me see how ******g stupid you really are!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.