Complete System Install Cost?

i can see getting a hu and speakers from there because of everything that comes withem but that's it
The only time I'll buy speakers from Crutchfield is when they have a BOGO sale or the item is on clearance. I hate the plastic adapter plates they provide, so those don't even come into the equation for me.

Thanks everyone. I think I've decided on the following:

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

(2)Image Dynamics ID12D4 V.3

If I got an MB Quart DSC4125 and bridged channels 3 and 4, how much power would each sub be getting? Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

If I got an MB Quart DSC4125 and bridged channels 3 and 4, how much power would each sub be getting? Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
nice amp choice

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

The Crescendo 1000C4 is a MUCH better amplifier than the MB Quart DSC4125. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Trust me, man. Spend the extra cash on the better amplifier.

Neither amp is powerful enough (the MB or the Crescendo) to sufficiently power a pair of ID Q 12"s. You'd want 1,000 watts rms for a pair of those subs.

Ok so you are about prepared to pay $600 to get it installed.. you spend $100-$200 on a round trips worth of gas.. maybe a little more.. give me $100 for time and I will do it and right... I will also show you what I am doing so you can do it next time... Hell Have an extra room you can stay in aswell.. so for 200-300 you can get it done and visit florida before the oil hits..

and I am SERIOUS.. If you are down.. let me know..I have a whole HOUSE that no one is living in right now..

The Crescendo 1000C4 is a MUCH better amplifier than the MB Quart DSC4125. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif Trust me, man. Spend the extra cash on the better amplifier.
Neither amp is powerful enough (the MB or the Crescendo) to sufficiently power a pair of ID Q 12"s. You'd want 1,000 watts rms for a pair of those subs.
Alright, so what amp would I be looking at for the set of comp's and the two 12's?

Alright, so what amp would I be looking at for the set of comp's and the two 12's?
If you want two subs and a pair of components you're going to have to make a sacrifice. In order to use the Crescendo amp, you'll have to opt for a pair of subs that require little power (200 - 250 watts rms each). The other alternative is to buy a pair of amplifiers ( a monoblock as well as a 2 or 4 channel). You aren't working with a very big budget, so the overall quality of the amplifiers you can afford will take a dip if you have to buy two of them....unless you purchase used equipment.

Do you think you won't be satisfied with a single subwoofer? In all honesty, a single ID Q will perform well if you have an enclosure built to ID's specifications.

If you want two subs and a pair of components you're going to have to make a sacrifice. In order to use the Crescendo amp, you'll have to opt for a pair of subs that require little power (200 - 250 watts rms each). The other alternative is to buy a pair of amplifiers ( a monoblock as well as a 2 or 4 channel). You aren't working with a very big budget, so the overall quality of the amplifiers you can afford will take a dip if you have to buy two of them....unless you purchase used equipment.
Do you think you won't be satisfied with a single subwoofer? In all honesty, a single ID Q will perform well if you have an enclosure built to ID's specifications.
I want to use these enclosures:

http://www.bassforms.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=BF212GTI&PhotoNumber=12

(I can get 2 enclosures on ebay for $250)

In my old car I had a Rockford PL2-212 loaded box powered by a Rockford P500 (all from Best Buy, lol) and I was happy with it.

What's a good monoblock & 2-channel amp combo if I wanted to use the two ID12's? I'd be willing to stretch my budget if it was worth it.

If I just wanted to use the 1000C4, what subs would work best?

I love my image dynamics comps (ctx65cs) and I had to RMA it once like a year after I purchased it, no issues to do it. Blew it again this weekend so Im going to see what they say tomorrow but I think they make a great speaker and wouldnt hesitate to purchase them again.

You could go with the crescendo 6.5s too, Ive heard good about them and thatd save you $80-100.

Id go ID Ctx65Cs

Crescendo 1000c4

and ID Q for sub (just 1) 12 and youd want Dual Voice Coil 2 Ohm so you could wire to 4 ohms (the crescendo would give off 500w @ 4 ohms)

If you buy a pair of amps:

Sundown SAZ-1000D & SAX-125.2 ($515.00)

Audioque AQ1200D & AQ4X90 ($479.00)

If you want a pair of subs for the Crescendo:

10" SSA Dcon 4 ohm dvc ($230 for the pair)

10" Arc Audio ARC10D4 4 ohm dvc ($360 for the pair)

12" Image Dynamics CTX128 8 ohm svc ($218 for the pair)

10" Boston Acoustics G21044 4 ohm dvc ($220 for the pair)

I could go on and on, man...

Id go ID Ctx65Cs

Crescendo 1000c4

and ID Q for sub (just 1) 12 and youd want Dual Voice Coil 2 Ohm so you could wire to 4 ohms (the crescendo would give off 500w @ 4 ohms)
The EXACT same thing I've already recommended, bro.

Sure they are but does this change the fact that a groud wire is a ground wire or a power wire is a power wire, the answer is no. An alternator does the same thing in a mercedes as it does is a '67 roadrunner. As I stated the concepts are the same applying them to any car is the same how you might have to run the wire in a mercedes compared to a suburban does not change anything.

My guess is you haven't done many installs. There are many cars that need special attention and/or equipment. My car's remote-entry, security, personal memory settings and a bunch of other electrical stuff stopped working after I removed the factory headunit. If I turn the car on then off right away the whole dash flashes and a bunch of relays start clicking. Turns out the factory deck HAS to stay connected with the car(it has a databus running to it) and I had to do some custom wiring to relocate the factory deck to the trunk. METRA's little interface doesn't work and Pac-Audio don't even make one for my car.

Yeah go try and install something in a new Mercedes, I dare you.

Alight, here is what I'm gonna order tomorrow morning:

Eclipse CD5100

Image Dynamics CTX65CS

Image Dynamics IDQ12V3.D2

Crescendo 1000C4

Enclosure:

Bassforms 12" sealed box

Speaker Adapters:

8" adapters

I know there is a bunch of extra **** I'll need to buy. Here's what I've thought of so far:

- C2R-VW radio adapter

- double-DIN mounting kit

- antenna adapter

- Dynamat

- 8 or 4 gauge (?) amp wiring kit

Will I need to buy any extra speaker cable or RCA cables? Is it worth it to buy foam speaker baffles?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.