Has anyone done a Mini Cooper ?

Safe_Cracker
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I bought an 09 clubman (wagon version) and was wondering if anyone has done one and what they did? I needed the 36mpg i now get but now I need some sounds . BTW what I am starting with is an old box of mine 2.2cf common with 14in of port tuned to 38hz. The subs are Treo SSI's (10.22s), amp is a newly acquired SAZ-1500 . I'm not going to touch the HU yet nor the stock 150A alt so I am limiting my draw hence the single 1500. Problem I'm having is the dilemma between available battery power (teeny weeney battery) and keeping weight down for retaining some sportiness. ANy and all help welcome

Polo..

2acd193b.jpg

A while back somebody walled an 18 MT in one, pretty sick looking setup, don't know about numbers though....

But why not go with some 8's to save on space.....

A while back somebody walled an 18 MT in one, pretty sick looking setup, don't know about numbers though....
But why not go with some 8's to save on space.....
Thought about it but the space savings really wouldn't have been that much, I already have this box and it is removable. If I was gonna go for a permanent daily setup I would have used my 5200 and the two 3000ds on 16V I had in my GP. I have a BatCap 8400 I might break down and build a reasonable sized version for the Cooper.

Polo.

What I'm really trying to figure out is a solution for battery power. The battery in a cooper is tiny I mean lawn tractor small lol so in its footprint I need the most bang maybe a batcap? Can I get rid of the regular battery and just use a batcap or do I need a regulator with higher voltage?

Polo

Here is that box in my GP on a strapped pair of Kicker SX1250's >

Would a Batcap 2000 fit under the hood? If so then one in the front and one in the back should be enough for the 1500D(as long as you're running it no lower than 1 ohm) and they weigh 34 lbs each. If not then a Batcap 800 should definitely fit under the hood and run a 2000 in the back. The stock 150a alt will be fine(holy hell a Mini comes with an 150a alt??) just as long as you don't crank it for a long time or at a stop.

You can make a custom box with birch wood which is lighter and stronger than MDF, then go with subs that have neodymium magnets as they're very light and more powerful than conventional subwoofer magnets but at the expense of cost.

You can have a killer stereo in that Mini and still keep the added weight down to less than 140 lbs, maybe much less. If the decrease of speed bothers you then look for some performance parts like an intake, catback exhaust or other simple to do things to compensate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.