Complete System Install Cost?

$600 for labor costs to run some wire are you kidding me? Everything in the audio world is so highly marked up it's a **** joke if you ask me. There is really nothing to installing audio gear in any car. Once you have a basic understanding of how the components work together and how to match things up to get a certain result the rest is easy. The big three is basically a wire upgrade..put some bigger wires in there **** that sure was complicated. Putting in a HU take yours out match up the wires...**** that was seriously complicated. Running power to your amp and hiding wires to have a nice clean finished look is where the work comes in. Unless you want to go down the block and have the 15 year old girls look at your car because it's so loud any install you would do on a scale of complicated would be about a 3 out of 10 imo. Forums like these are good for checking out the latest drivers and amps people are using to get decent results so you don't have to waste your money trying things out yourself. Screw names in this game if you haven't heard of the name it doesn't mean the equipment *****. A lot of people buy things from here form a few websites like sonix and woofersect. Go to those sites and do a best seller search and you will see what people are using. If you are planning on spending $1600 spend that same amount and do it yourself. For $1600 you will get a system louder than you will be able to stand listening to for any length of time anyway. Bass is nice but that **** gets old fast go for a nice sound quality system first and if the bass that comes with that isnt't enough then add more cones.

Not true. Certain vehicles are a notorious pain in the ass to build in.

Sure they are but does this change the fact that a groud wire is a ground wire or a power wire is a power wire, the answer is no. An alternator does the same thing in a mercedes as it does is a '67 roadrunner. As I stated the concepts are the same applying them to any car is the same how you might have to run the wire in a mercedes compared to a suburban does not change anything.

Sure they are but does this change the fact that a groud wire is a ground wire or a power wire is a power wire, the answer is no. An alternator does the same thing in a mercedes as it does is a '67 roadrunner. As I stated the concepts are the same applying them to any car is the same how you might have to run the wire in a mercedes compared to a suburban does not change anything.
Not true. Higher end cars have more complex computers thus making them harder to do things without messing up anything.

I charged my buddy $300 to install a DVD headunit, a special dash kit(it's a 2003 Accord and the dash kit costs **** near $200 alone), a steering wheel interface to work with the new headunit, run power/ground wires, a 5 farad capacitor, a 500 watt Cadence sub amp and a 12" Kicker L7 in a ported box.

I actually recently moved to NY state. I lived in Sarasota, FL for my whole life, though. I may have been high when I put Florida as my location, lol.

I appreciate all the advice from everyone so far. You have made me feel very welcome, which is more than I can say for most forums.

Misfit138, this one's for you:

Let's say I decided to go with two 12's and I got that Crescendo 1000C4 you suggested. It's rated 500w x2 at 4ohms. Does this mean if I got two 4ohm dvc subs, each sub would be getting 500w if they were wired in series? Or did I just make a noob out of myself?

Also, I'd need another 2 channel amp to power a set of 2-way components, no?

Sure the wires are the same, but the level of install difficulty can range from extremely easy to rip out your hair frustrating. I've worked in vehicles that're so ridiculous that installing a cd player can take hours.

Not true. Higher end cars have more complex computers thus making them harder to do things without messing up anything.
This. High end vehicles are generally built well too, which means removing interior panels can be become frustrating. Some vehicles are designed in such a manner that there's very little or no wasted space as well.

In my friend's Lincoln LS, I had to remove the front seats in order to run RCA cables properly. I'm not saying the LS is high end by any means, but it was difficult to build in.

Misfit138, this one's for you:

Let's say I decided to go with two 12's and I got that Crescendo 1000C4 you suggested. It's rated 500w x2 at 4ohms. Does this mean if I got two 4ohm dvc subs, each sub would be getting 500w if they were wired in series? Or did I just make a noob out of myself?

Also, I'd need another 2 channel amp to power a set of 2-way components, no?
If you decide to do 2 subwoofers and a pair of components with the Crescendo amplifier, you'll need 4 ohm dual voice coil subs. The pair of subs will be wired in series to a 4 ohm load and both will be powered by bridging channels 3 and four. Each sub would need to be rated for 200 - 300 watts rms.

You can power multiple subwoofers on a single amplifier channel. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I recommended the Crescendo, ID comps and ID sub because I was under the impression that you only wanted to use a single amplifier. If you want to run multiple amplifiers, I can easily find you something else. It would probably be best for you to send me a pm so we can work something out...

You can do a hell of a lot better for $1,000, bro. Crutchfield's prices are insane...
the good thing about crutchfield tho is if your a rookie to this they supply step by step guides on how to install your equipment that makes it all most imposable to mess it up if you know how to follow directions

Last edited by a moderator:
the good thing about crutchfield to is if your a rookie tho this they supply step by step guides on how to install your equipment that makes it all most imposable to mess it up if you know how to follow directions
Crutchfield is definitely okay in certain circumstances. Buying cd players from them isn't such a bad idea because they include the harness, install kit, and instructions. In that case their markup is sort of justified, but I'd advise against buying mostly everything else from them.

Crutchfield is definitely okay in certain circumstances. Buying cd players from them isn't such a bad idea because they include the harness, install kit, and instructions. In that case their markup is sort of justified, but I'd advise against buying mostly everything else from them.
i can see getting a hu and speakers from there because of everything that comes withem but that's it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.