Complete newb, need help please.

Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Clarion deck = 200-400

Shuriken BT35 = 100

AQ1200d = 250

2 VVX 12"s = 240 (during pre-sale)

Total thus far: 790-990 depending on H/U.

I won't start on a front stage brainstorm yet, as I'd need more info from OP on preferences.

This is all nice, reliable equipment. No gimmicks, no false ratings. Would be a nice headunit and an SQL substage. Obviously just ideas.

Alpine' date=' Kenwood, Pioneer, JVC, Clarion deck = 200-400Shuriken BT35 = 100

AQ1200d = 250

2 VVX 12"s = 240 (during pre-sale)

Total thus far: 790-990 depending on H/U.

I won't start on a front stage brainstorm yet, as I'd need more info from OP on preferences.

This is all nice, reliable equipment. No gimmicks, no false ratings. Would be a nice headunit and an SQL substage. Obviously just ideas.[/quote']

thats actually a great idea...only thing i would change would be the subs tho...grab sum sa-12's...u could grab them for like $200 a piece, maybe even cheaper depending

thats actually a great idea...only thing i would change would be the subs tho...grab sum sa-12's...u could grab them for like $200 a piece, maybe even cheaper depending
Nothing against the SA-12's, but I think the VVX pre-sale price is unbeatable. $120ea shipped brand new.

Read up on them:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/subwoofers/481938-subtilis-12-a.html

If you still feel that there is a better product for the price, please tell me and explain using specs, graphs, anything you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Nothing against the SA-12's' date=' but I think the VVX pre-sale price is unbeatable. $120ea shipped brand new.
Read up on them:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/subwoofers/481938-subtilis-12-a.html

If you still feel that there is a better product for the price, please tell me and explain using specs, graphs, anything you want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif[/quote']

ill give it to...ive never herd them tho, that MY only thing i have on them but from what ive seen, they look decent...and for the price, it is good...id wait til there was more testing done on them tho before i bought them...they're still brand new and not many ppl have tested with them yet

If you want a full comparison between the two, Jacob (Sundown) can probably fill you in seeing as he knows them both pretty inside and out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So I take it you have extensive experience with the SA-12's? What'd you like/dislike about them?

i dont have EXTENSIVE experience with the sa-12s....i have herd 4 setups with them in there tho...1 setup 2wks ago actually..local comp, guy had a tahoe with 4 in there, did a 156...sounded good doing it as well...not all bass, good sq as well...he had it on 2 saz4500 so i was surpised he didnt pop the subs tho...very strong subs, that 600rms is a joke...jacob even said that he wanted to raise it to 1000wrms, but wasnt because he's got a new line coming out that is 1000wrms

i dont have EXTENSIVE experience with the sa-12s....i have herd 4 setups with them in there tho...1 setup 2wks ago actually..local comp, guy had a tahoe with 4 in there, did a 156...sounded good doing it as well...not all bass, good sq as well...he had it on 2 saz4500 so i was surpised he didnt pop the subs tho...very strong subs, that 600rms is a joke...jacob even said that he wanted to raise it to 1000wrms, but wasnt because he's got a new line coming out that is 1000wrms

Good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Glad you have heard them. Trial by fire and all that.

Lots of people just being sheep. Good to know you aren't a sheep lol.

Well people, I'm off to work (play).

Have a good rest of the day!

care to explain??

if hes going to run, ap3000 like you suggest (which is a power hungry beast) he is going to have to do the big 3, and run 1/0 cable, run 2 batts, and have a H/O alt, that alone is going to run upwards to $800-1000.

I know this first hand, as I have the 2 level 4's and i have a ap 30001d.

40$ for wire??? you need at least 35-45 feet of 1/0 gauge, do you know a secrete place to get it at 1$ a foot? please enlighten us.

i would love to hear it
$600 for enclosure, head unit, wiring and batteries.....for a potential 6,000 watts of power. It's impossible...unless you don't give a slippery flipping fuck about voltage, being able to actually hear lyrics, build quality, etc...

- Batteries are very expensive (even used ones). Where would you even begin to look for a battery bank, for 6kw & a stock alternator, for a fraction of $600?

- How is it possible to power 6kw with $40 worth of wire? You do realize that decent 1/0 awg is around $3 per foot, right?

- How is it possible to build an enclosure for two 12" XL's for $40? (a single sheet of .75" mdf can be nearly $30)

- Please explain what kind of "speakers" would be needed in a vehicle that has 6,000 watts pumping into two massive subwoofers? Now, please explain where these magical speakers will be getting their power from.

- How do you propose to operate 6kw+ in a vehicle with a stock alternator?

Is that enough, or should I continue?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so it'd be best for you to keep quiet in situations like this.........until you at least grasp basic knowledge about prices and whatnot. Talking out your ass on this forum will get you called out. Whether you care or not is your decision, but you can't spew ignorance and expect noone to point it out.

You've delivered lulz in this thread Goalie.

I ceen wut u wur duin n hear. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

$600 for enclosure, head unit, wiring and batteries.....for a potential 6,000 watts of power. It's impossible...unless you don't give a slippery flipping fuck about voltage, being able to actually hear lyrics, build quality, etc...
- Batteries are very expensive (even used ones). Where would you even begin to look for a battery bank, for 6kw & a stock alternator, for a fraction of $600?

- How is it possible to power 6kw with $40 worth of wire? You do realize that decent 1/0 awg is around $3 per foot, right?

- How is it possible to build an enclosure for two 12" XL's for $40? (a single sheet of .75" mdf can be nearly $30)

- Please explain what kind of "speakers" would be needed in a vehicle that has 6,000 watts pumping into two massive subwoofers? Now, please explain where these magical speakers will be getting their power from.

- How do you propose to operate 6kw+ in a vehicle with a stock alternator?

Is that enough, or should I continue?

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, so it'd be best for you to keep quiet in situations like this.........until you at least grasp basic knowledge about prices and whatnot. Talking out your ass on this forum will get you called out. Whether you care or not is your decision, but you can't spew ignorance and expect noone to point it out.
lets see...dekas on here go for $90 plus ship...grab 2-4...and i did say i did 4get about the h/o so thats my badd...taken that outta play, i continue...on ebay, you can grab 1/0 for $1 a foot...theres a thread in the bargain bin about sumthat that got sum...i dk where the fukc ur gettin those numbers, but building an enclosure urself should not cost more than $40-50...if ur spending more for a SIMPLE sub stage, ur retarded...obviously with only a 2g limit, ur gonna havta skimp subwhere and that would be the speakers...u can grab some seleniums and sum components for $100-200...n again, ive seen and herd of ppl running a big system off of the stock alt...and spew ignorance, ur the dikchead on here that NEVER has anything positive to say...so b4 u keep talkin **** on ppl, u mite wanna take a look at urself for being an aSs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.