Common port walls?

How many common port walls would a box w a single 12 w the sub in the middle and the port on the side sharing the outside wall, and the port is in an L shape sharing the backside wall too?
I told you in the other thread with the torres download link. Just scroll down and there's a tutorial all about it.

I'm going to try it myself but if it doesn't turn out like I want I'll hit u up man...thanks
Use this. Just make sure you enter in number of common port walls(pictures/tutorial is further down the page), pay attention to your port per cube and you should be fine.

Torres' Box Tuning Calculator - Updated 8/18 - Subwoofers / Enclosures - SMD Forum

How many common port walls would a box w a single 12 w the sub in the middle and the port on the side sharing the outside wall, and the port is in an L shape sharing the backside wall too?
I know this is a hella old thread but the info needs to be out there and understood.

So, your box will have 3 common walls being the Top, Bottom and back walls of the box.

The thing that confuses most people, myself included is the actual port. The port isn't just the "inside piece"of MDF that is used to define the port, it is all 4 pieces (walls) that the port consists of. The defining factor would be the length of the port. If the port has no bends, straight back, it will share the top and bottom walls. When the port has a bend, it starts to share the back wall, hense" 3 common walls" : Top, Bottom, and Back.
This is only for the corner slot ports but if you get the idea, center ports will be understood.
The main thing is to understand and be able to visualize the actual port and not just the piece of wood used to construct the inside portion of the port.
I hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.