have next to no idea what im doing

Participant count
  • Participant list

audiomong

CarAudio.com Newbie
glos
5 years ag i bought some equipment and never got rond to fitting it as been busy rebuilding the car have finally decided to put it in something else but have no idea what im doing.

i have

JBL GTO 3EZ

• 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms + 350 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
  • 75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
  • 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
2 x rockford fosgate P1S4-8 4 Ohm

• 200 W RMS
and a set of vibe slick 2 way coaxials 4 Ohms, 80 W RMS

am i right in thnking that if i connect the speakers in parellel they will be 2 ohms recieving 75 W RMS and the subs in parellel would be 500W RMS. is 500 RMS to much for the subs and if so is there a way to hook it all up with limited risk to blowing anything.

if you wire up the coaxials in parallel or series, you wont have stereo. gotta wire them up regular

and no, 500 watts isnt too much if you set you gain right. heres how, the tones are at the very bottom...

if you wire up the coaxials in parallel or series, you wont have stereo. gotta wire them up regular

and no, 500 watts isnt too much if you set you gain right. heres how, the tones are at the very bottom...

Cheers mate ill give that ago

So now that i know

• 75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
  • 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
And i know that speakers will be 4 ohm and therefore recieve 50 watts rms does that mean that the subs will have to be 4 ohm at 350 watts in order to meet the criteria for

Or can it be

• 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

I would suggest that you find someone local that has the knowledge and experience so that you will not have any issues
Always an option but i want to do it myself hence the research have no interest in letting anyone else anywhere near anything technical on my car

yah, you can run the speakers at 4 ohms, and the subs at 2 ohms

its just telling you how much power the speakers or subs will get at 2 ohms vs 4 ohms

Run the speakers at 4 ohms @50 watts like you said, and the two subwoofers in parallel 2 ohms @500 watts. You have the right idea.

Do you understand how to hook all the wiring up and how to build a box, as well as tune the system? If so I'd suggest doing some research on how to do all that. Just be careful, mindful, and have fun with it bro. We have all started somewhere and that's a simple enough setup to learn on. Enjoy!

Run the speakers at 4 ohms @50 watts like you said, and the two subwoofers in parallel 2 ohms @500 watts. You have the right idea.

Do you understand how to hook all the wiring up and how to build a box, as well as tune the system? If so I'd suggest doing some research on how to do all that. Just be careful, mindful, and have fun with it bro. We have all started somewhere and that's a simple enough setup to learn on. Enjoy!
Exactly. Main thing is to take your time and double, even triple, check your wiring, connections, and everything.

Yea happy with wiring and already have the boxes just couldnt get ny head around all the specifications of things. Using the fuide at the top of this page and an electrical tester set up should be a doddle now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.