Clipping?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rukuzz
10+ year member

How do I prevent clipping? How can I test for it? Or how can I tell before I do some serious damage to my speakers.

I'm going to setup 2 Jl10wOs on my pickup & I don't wanna mess them up!

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

To make things a bit easy start wtih your deck. turn it up about 3/4 volume then adjust the gain on your amp slowly till you hear it distort the subs. Back it down 1/4 to 1/2 a turn..After that never turn the volume up on your HU past 3/4 and don't use bass boost on the deck or crossover. That should be enough to keep your subs from getting cooked because there will be no distorted signal input from the deck and you won't be pushing your amp to clip.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.