Audio Clipping

Participant count
  • Participants list

brice15s

CarAudio.com Recruit
Virginia
I'm just trying to trouble shoot to see what might be causing this. Could very well be the amp isnt as powerful as advertised.

Im running 2 Skar EVL-15s, and a SIA 3500D, the subs are 1250w rms and the amp is rated for 3500w rms at 1Ohm.

I have my subs currently wired at 1ohm (I think).. My double ported box isnt connected at all on the inside, and I didnt want to drill a hole. I have each sub at 2ohms at the box terminals. then I ran both powers and ground to my amp (amp as 2 power and 2 ground outputs). Im fairly certain that would be 1ohm.

but anyways, with the system at 60-70% playing, I start get clipping around 35-40% of the gain knob. while my previous subs (two 750w rms 15s) could do just about the same. Am I missing something here? or am I just maxed out.

I know gain knob isnt volume control, but I figured it would move up a little higher since the subs are almost 2x more powerful than the previous

Last edited:
Setting the gain is "mating up with" the signal from the head unit. If you only changed the subs, and had the same head unit, with the same amp, the gain would have stayed the same.
Only other thing I can think of is changing my speaker wire to 8 gauge if it can make it fit. I've tried everything else, gain was my last curiosity. Just not putting out much extra power after the significant upgrade.

Last edited:
If you're not getting the output you expected...I'd think it'd be because of the box...you have the electrical to feed a sia 3500?

If you're not getting the output you expected...I'd think it'd be because of the box...you have the electrical to feed a sia 3500?
Yeah, I did the big 3, H/O alt, and 0 gauge everything. I’m 90% I figured it out though. My gain controller would intermittently stop working. Which makes sense with the issues I was having. Appreciate the help though

1. make sure you wired your subs right...

2. set your gain right, heres how. the correct test tones are at the very bottom..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...