what sub for sq and spl

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 26
  • Views 2K
U

Unregistered

ok heres the deal

i want a system that will be loud loud loud, and have sq at the same time....

since im on a budget, i was looking at stuff thats cheaper than like the w7 and eclipse...

so here are my choices:

12 JL w6

Infinity kappa perfect 12.1

alpine type R 12

xtant x-series 12

all of these subs can be obtained for under $220, with the JL being the most expensive.

i was mostly looking at the type R and perfect, because of their excellent sq, but i was wondering which would provide me with sq AND spl...

i wasnt reeeally impressed by an alpine setup that i recently heard(2 12" type r's) w/ 400w rms to each, but ive seen(beautiful), and heard a setup with the perfects that was pretty **** loud(2 12's, w/only 200rms to each) and it hit 140.15db. another setup of the perfects that ive seen was one with 2 12's also, but with 600 watts rms to each, and this setup hit 147.2db...wow!!!....that was pretty loud....

i like the perfects more, because they "sound" better than the R's...what im trying to say is that when u turn up the volume on the alpines, they just move a lot of air, but their sq goes downhill, but with the perfects, they just get louder and louder, and their sq remains excellent....also, they perfects seem to hit deeper and have a better sounding bass....

idk...tho...

anyones opinion is greatly appreciated...

...jus remember, i dont want to spend more than 250 on a sub...

p.s.-im planning on getting 2 subs

thanks guys

for a little of both worlds go with the JLw6. These wont let you down. Also the perfects are close to perfect, except I wish they would get about 3 beers louder.

I own 2 12 inch type R's no complaints recommend them i only have one installed and a horrible amp but it hits hard facing backwards in my hatchback and in that sealed box is clear as it gets!

O.k., I've got the perfect sub for you, and it's very cheap $125 shipped. Adire audio Shiva. After checking out the specs and reading a few articles, I would personally buy a pair over any other sub, but, my budget won't allow for that. Ask anyone who is knowledgeable on this forum, I guarantee you they will tell you for the money the Shiva is exactly what you are looking for: bone breaking SPL, and superlative SQ, ok maybe not bone breaking, but you get the point.

I run nuttin but MTX and couldnt be happeir, but iv heard the real pros say "almost anything installed right with the right amount of power will hit hard".

here's a few specs of the spl's................

340 Oz. Magnet

4" BASV/KAPTON HYBRID VOICE COIL

SPL: 90dB

·Dual 1 OHM Voice Coils ·Die-Cast Aluminum Basket ·Cloth Laminated Paper Cone with MD6 Coating ·Huge Foam Surround ·Dual Conex Spider ·Chrome Screw Terminals ·Woven Tinsel Lead Through Spider

anyway, here's a pic of the above posted subs...................

look on ebay for a set of image dynamics idmax subs....sort of a mix between a w7 and a "full range" sub lol. sound really good and about 1/2 the cost of the w7 or eclipse ti. and truthfully i would use the idmax over these 2 subs as well.....just my opinion on ebay these subs are 300 each but offer alot mor than the lesser cost woofers

don't forget to check out eclipse, the 8700 or 8800 series subs. the 8812 is just below the titanium and should fit into your budget. as far as sq ana spl go, these subs are awesome at both! i've heard four of the 8810 or 8710's can't remember which, in a x-cab silverado. each had their own jl 500.1 and that truck is pushin the 150's and sounds great while doing it!

ok, i admit the eclipse's are right at the top of his price range....

...jus remember, i dont want to spend more than 250 on a sub...
the spl's are only $145 a pair! the $350 is for a PAIR shipped!:p

so i did read....:p

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

an extra 50 a woofer is nothing for the performance.... like i said before i would take an idmax over a w7 or the titanium eclipses even if they were the SAME price but hey they are less.....

I have 2 perfects and they are great, but from what I've read,

shivas are cheaper than them and are very compaable in both aspects, maybe a little more spl than perfects

the eclipse 88120 are more expensive than the perfects, like $200+ on ebay

and from what i've heard (from people) these have exellent sq, and are louder than perfects

personally, I would go with shivas, or if you have extra money go with the eclipses

an idmax would own an elclipse aluminum nuff said ..if you wanna go "cheap" get the shiva but it sounded like you were eyeing the big dogs so i gave you another big dog that is alot more attainable.

what's your opinion on those spl's? my bro-in-law is gettin trigger happy 'bout a set. all i've heard is their regular subs. they get loud ok. what do u think about the comp versions? any and all opinions appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.