Clipping and SW level questions

2 XFL 10”s with a custom built ported enclosure ported up 3cubic ft tuned to 35hz 3/4inch mdf
I have a older pair in 4.0@32htz. They get down pretty good. You should not have to use your loudness button with that Cab amp. You have plenty of power. I would have tuned a little lower. I like 32Htz for XFL 10s and 12s... But thats me. You may be clipping the subs.. Its possible. Back off on the sub stage for a couple weeks until they loosen up and get retuned

I have a older pair in 4.0@32htz. They get down pretty good. You should not have to use your loudness button with that Cab amp. You have plenty of power. I would have tuned a little lower. I like 32Htz for XFL 10s and 12s... But thats me. You may be clipping the subs.. Its possible. Back off on the sub stage for a couple weeks until they loosen up and get retuned
The subs have already been retuned , I don’t see why the subs would be clipping and the loudness is not on

Take it back up to the shop and have them check it out. I could throw Suggestions all day at it, especially not being present . Kinda sounds like they are botteming out/like being over powered,

Take it back up to the shop and have them check it out. I could throw Suggestions all day at it, especially not being present . Kinda sounds like they are botteming out/like being over powered,
The box unfortunately wasn’t from the shop so I don’t know if they could do anything besides tuning

take it back to that stereo shop that installed it and have them tune again. It could just be the enclosure. Show them whats going on

I had something like that happen once….the clipping and more bass at lower volumes….and it ended up being that the amp was bad. It was a brand new Rockford Fosgate….I’m a big Fosgate fan and usually have at least one of their products in all of my vehicles….which I installed for someone else. But like Audiobaun stated, it could be any number of things and, especially without being there in person, we could throw suggestions at you all day. I too would bring it back to the shop for further testing.

Why not just go back to the shop and set in it with one of their people and ask them what they think it is and also have them show you and explain the point where your amp/subs/whatever has reached it's maximum safe output levels?

In the meantime if it's making funny noises keep that **** turned down until you can get a little time with someone who knows what they're looking/listening for to give you a quick rundown.

Where are you getting your music at? Playing off the phone or what? Playing CDs or Radio Stations or ??
Playing through my phone Bluetooth on apps like SoundCloud and YouTube (I know the Bluetooth can hurt the signal but I don’t really think that would cause the subs to sound like that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...