Clipping and SW level questions

just went to the shop they said it was the box because when they pressed on it stopped I drove 3 hrs for the damn box
That *****. The box builder should build a new one and drive it to you if it was his mistake. I had to drive a box 2 hours one time when i did the cut outs for the subs too large. You could try to screw it tight and see if it stops.

Shop said it was the box and was not bottoming out or being overpowered,
That *****. The box builder should build a new one and drive it to you if it was his mistake. I had to drive a box 2 hours one time when i did the cut outs for the subs too large. You could try to screw it tight and see if it stops.
yea im pretty pissed this dude was supposed to be a good choice now my system sounds like ****

Yea I’d almost rather it be the subs tho drove 3-4 hrs to get this box and I doubt there’s anything I will be able to do about it
There is a fix. Remove subs, identify loose panel, drive a nail as a wedge, squeeze wood glue in the gap, remove nail, apply weight, caulk after 2 hours, use next day. I have done this a few times, always worked.

There is a fix. Remove subs, identify loose panel, drive a nail as a wedge, squeeze wood glue in the gap, remove nail, apply weight, caulk after 2 hours, use next day. I have done this a few times, always worked.
will def try this ,just got off the phone with the box maker and he gave me some ideas

He said to try putting a screw near the top where the port wall is but didn’t say anything about taking it out like why you are saying

He said to try putting a screw near the top where the port wall is but didn’t say anything about taking it out like why you are saying
My suggestion is for if you do not want the screws to show. But if cosmetics is not an issue, I would definitely use screws. Just predrill with an 1/8" bit 3/8" from the edge. 1-5/8" drywall screws are great for this.

The box unfortunately wasn’t from the shop so I don’t know if they could do anything besides tuning
Too much power.. if it hits hard at low volume gain on amp is too high. It doesn’t match with the head unit anymore. Put everything on head unit to off or 0 or flat. Bass, treble 0. Bass boost off. Eq flat. Amp set bass boost off/0. Lpf 80hz. Hpf/subsonic 26hz. Gain if no tools put it back where installer had it. (Your clip light will sometimes go off when your volume is set at max. Ask installer what the max is.)

Too much power.. if it hits hard at low volume gain on amp is too high. It doesn’t match with the head unit anymore. Put everything on head unit to off or 0 or flat. Bass, treble 0. Bass boost off. Eq flat. Amp set bass boost off/0. Lpf 80hz. Hpf/subsonic 26hz. Gain if no tools put it back where installer had it. (Your clip light will sometimes go off when your volume is set at max. Ask installer what the max is.)
It doesn’t do that anyone that’s as because they had the SW level set at -20 and that what they meant to do so when I changed it 20 clicks down it was hitting way to hard of course but joe it’s set on zero and play’s normally

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...