Clean Battery terminals

Sancho123

CarAudio.com Newbie
France
Hello,

i was wondering how i could connect the positive wire of my AMP so it would look clean.
The stock battery terminal doesn't allow me to just add a new wire.

can someone advise me on any design or product who would allow me to add a positive wire to the battery cleanly and securely ?

See the attached picture (there is a red cover missing on the picture who prevent direct access to the terminal)

thanks

1679946784282.png

This is all positive terminals.
You can buy an extended battery terminal that will have a longer thread.

It looks like this is all piece that you could take off, if you removed the main battery terminal post. You can buy battery posts. Something like this:

87e3a905d6396eba88e7f6cb5de39c7e.png

Which one is the battery terminal? Yellow looks like a cover.
1679947185638.png

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your answer.

Yes Yellow is the real battery terminal.
Red is the nut holding a plate to a piece of metal connected to the terminal.

on the plate along with plastic there is 2 fuse and 2 positive cables going to the rest of the car
(fuse in blue)
1679953760138.png

everything is surounded by plastic to allow the red plastic cover (not on the picture) span on everything

1679953645582.png

kinda hard to work with that to make it look clean

I think you could remove that entire top piece, but I wouldn't. Those are for your main fuse panel and starter. Most manufacturers don't fuse them directly at the battery terminal, but that is the best way to do it. I wouldn't want to change that.

That second pic, the red one would be my choice. Looks like there is plenty of thread under there. Why can't you just take that nut off, and put a lug under there? Even on the other clamp that is on your main post, it looks like you could fit a lug under there. You could get a 90 degree lug or put a slight bend in it to make it fit. Finding a longer one of those bolts if you had to shouldn't be tough. Even if it's too long, you can cut some threads off once you know the needed length.

If that plastic cover does come off, that middle bolt might be separate, (that might be securing the terminal clamp to that extra plastic piece where the fuses are. If it is, you can remove that bolt and add a longer one (probably a extended battery terminal size), but that one looks long enough, and would be where I would put it.

Why can't you just take that nut off, and put a lug under there?
He seems to be fishing for an answer that involves how he can get a new wire out of there and keep the factory look. I'm guessing that whole thing is shrouded in plastic, the top of which he popped off for the picture.

I'd say not going to happen easily, might get something on one of those bolts and a wire out with a 90 degree ring terminal but I'd want to see it all in person.

I'd also consider replacing it with a new terminal, there's dozens of options here in the USA, many of which will look nice and have plastic covers if that's something you care about.

I would like to know what size wire OP needs to bring back from there, 4 gauge would be easier to squeeze in than 0 gauge or larger.

Finally check OP's location, he may not have access to all of the products we can get here.

Thank you for your answers
I think you could remove that entire top piece, but I wouldn't. Those are for your main fuse panel and starter. Most manufacturers don't fuse them directly at the battery terminal, but that is the best way to do it. I wouldn't want to change that.
yes removing everything and buid a new fuse box next to the battery was an option. but yeah i would like to avoid messing too much with factory stuff

That second pic, the red one would be my choice. Looks like there is plenty of thread under there. Why can't you just take that nut off, and put a lug under there? Even on the other clamp that is on your main post, it looks like you could fit a lug under there. You could get a 90 degree lug or put a slight bend in it to make it fit. Finding a longer one of those bolts if you had to shouldn't be tough. Even if it's too long, you can cut some threads off once you know the needed length.

Actually i didn't mention the amp cable is already in place. now i try other options to make it clean.
and the cable is where you thought about. on the red mark. (see picture)

1680017743836.jpeg

Problem 1: cannot close the red cap anymore :

1680017649379.jpeg

Problem 2 there is little to no room above the positive terminal. Red cover is now touching the trunk's floor --> hitting the positive cable (pink circle on the first picture)

Problem 3 The cable connector is hitting the positive terminal (bending the connector) :

1680018773914.jpeg

Get a battery that has both top- and side-posts and connect your power wire to the side post.
thank you, i'll consider this option. I'll try to avoid removing a working battery for now.

I'd also consider replacing it with a new terminal, there's dozens of options here in the USA, many of which will look nice and have plastic covers if that's something you care about.
Finally check OP's location, he may not have access to all of the products we can get here.

i know you guys at USA got a lot of stuff when it comes to car audio. and yeah we lack a lot of things. BTW to find a PAC Amp pro i had to order it from USA and do an international shipping.

I would like to know what size wire OP needs to bring back from there, 4 gauge would be easier to squeeze in than 0 gauge or larger.
It's 4 gauge

Thanks

Attachments

• 1680017571579.jpeg
    1680017571579.jpeg
    838.7 KB · Views: 10
I’d use a 5/16 cable ring terminal and use the bolt that tightens the terminal to the positive post. 90 degree and notch the red cover. I’m not sure if this is what robmn meant but that’d be a good solution and fit the cover.

As long as that lug hitting the terminal, is not keeping you from getting a solid and secure connection, then it's not going to cause a problem.

If you're not 100% happy with that, I can think of two options:

1. You would have to trim that plastic cover out of the way, and use one of these or something like this over the amplifier lug. You would put something like this on that cable, trim the factory cover so it fits, and snaps into place over it. (probably not the best option).

2. If you pull that all off, see if your battery terminal unscrews. Then replace your main battery with something like this:

Just an extended battery terminal. (You would need to verify the thread size) but you replace your battery terminal with this, and you are basically adding threads on top of it, and would screw your lug on top of that instead of where you have it. You would probably still have to trim that top piece for the lug, but you would trim less, and could go either side.

image.jpg
This is mine. It had some factory gobbledegook on there and I used these terminals. Idk if this is clean by your preferences but for my setup it works.

The way it is sitting doesn't seem unsound, just not neat and factory looking. You might be able to come 90 degrees out the side cut away some plastic and use a grommet to keep it looking clean where you come through, otherwise there's loads of distro blocks (fused if you want to keep those fuses to those two factory line outs) that would get the job done, you'd just likely need to pay shipping (and customs) to get them from the USA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...